Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Zach has Weaned himself off the Breast!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

topic2 Zach has Weaned himself off the Breast!

Post by Chelle7 on Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:48 pm

Hi Girls
It has taken me a day or so to able to come and tell you all this, but Zachary has weaned himself off the breast completely now! Crying or Very sad I have been so upset not only because he has stopped but because I will never BF again! (I'm off again......)

I know that I have done well to do it for 13 months but it hurts like hell and although OH and friends have been dead encouragiing I know that no-one will understand like all of you. It is like part of me has gone..I am being silly as my baby is healthy and happy. :aww:
He just decided no more and I let him lead me....I think I have done the right thing but he will only drink from a cup now! Crying or Very sad

I managed to feed all 7 of my kids (some longer than others) and can honestly say it is one of the best feelings I've ever had in the world. Anyway I know that I should be Happy Very Happy that I've been able to do it and that Zach is doing so well, but I am still in bits about it.

Sorry for my moaning & thanks for listening!
P.s will change my ticker tommorrow...any ideas what to replace it with would be grateful :wave:
Luv ya
Michelle x x

Chelle7

Female Number of posts : 148
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2007-10-03

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/features/display.var.1494973.0.our

Back to top Go down

topic2 Re: Zach has Weaned himself off the Breast!

Post by kay on Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:50 am

:aww: Aww Chelle!
1st of all, a very big :bighug: to you!
You have done marvellous - and for him to go from breast straight to cup is fantastic!
I know what you mean though, this is my last pregnancy (so OH says :tear: ) so I am trying to make the most of every minute. despite feeling rotten lol!!

You know we are all still here for a chat - and i am sure you'll be in a great position to advise having fed so many Wink

Speak soon,
Kay :preg:

kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by ldnug on Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:03 am

:aww: I can imagine how u r feeling - Emily will be my last child (i am only allowd 2!!) and i want to BF her for as long as possible. I know it will be a difficult day when she no longer wants to. You have given Zachary the best possible start and have let him take the lead - you can do no more than that.

Well done to you for BF all 7 of your children and i am sure you will be a font of knowedge for others for many years to come!

We are all here for you :group hug:
ldnug

Female Number of posts : 1481
Tell us about yourself : Lisa mum to Connor almost 5 and Emily 2 years and 3 months
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 9
Registration date : 2007-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 on Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:38 am

:aww:

Well done for nursing so long!
Kasia80

Female Number of posts : 4575
Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 20
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by angpixi on Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:18 pm

i totally understand and dont think youre silly! it makes me sad just to think about not bf any more! theres nothing like the closeness you get when youre bf your child its hard to let go :aww:
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by jools on Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:16 pm

Aww hun I can imagine how hard it must be for you right now! :aww:

But really WELL DONE! What a fantastic thing you have done for all 7 of your kids! It really is fantastic! :bighug:
jools

Female Number of posts : 2601
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 12
Registration date : 2007-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Chelle7 on Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:19 pm

Iam sooooo missing BF Zach! Crying or Very sad Now when he cries I have to guess what to do other than pop him on which worked like magic! confused

He was pulling at my boobs and my top like mad today then looking at me as if to say 'come on Mum you know what I want' this left me totally confused as to what to do! Everything in me wanted just to feed him but I didn't, thinking we would be back to square one, that and my milk supply will probably be pretty much gone after feeding him only once or twice a day for the last few weeks!

Anyway I hope 2moro is better.
Thanks everyone for your support it really helps :group hug:

Chelle7

Female Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2007-10-03

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/features/display.var.1494973.0.our

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha on Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:13 pm

I am so sorry! I missed this post! Shocked

First of all im sorry its come to an end but you have given him an amazing start! and i hope your very proud of yourself!

As for him wanting to go on now and then, this is perfectly normal when children wean.

As this is a form of comfort he will keep coming back to it until he and you find others way to comfort him.

Take care x

Breastfed Lottie for nearly two years and Livi for 13 months.
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

http://breastbuddies.nice-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by piesmummy2006 on Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:22 pm

awwwww only just seen this post it must of been sooooooooooo hard not to give in hope you r ok now xxxxx
piesmummy2006

Female Number of posts : 2089
Tell us about yourself : i would say i am a yummy mummy to Niamh nearly 2 (who i am still breast feeding), and a childrens student nurse!!!!!
Your mood today : Naughty
Registration date : 2007-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top