Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Birth Stories!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Re: Birth Stories!

Post by Kasia80 on Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:31 pm

:aww:
Kasia80

Female Number of posts : 4575
Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 20
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyleche on Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:43 pm

I never had any problems with my 2 epidurals. I have never heard of moms having lasting side effects....that's too bad. Sad :aww: :
ladyleche

Female Number of posts : 39
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Thanks and Reputation points : 1
Registration date : 2007-07-08

http://bliss-breastfeeding.ca/

Back to top Go down

Post by kay on Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:17 pm

Just realised my 2 arent her - better do them before i have to write up!!!

So, 1st was Jamie, born 24th March 2004.
Following a difficult PG, i was in slow labour with Jamie from 37 weeks - we went into labour ward 9 times over the course of 2 weeks - and each time they said 'yes, this is it!'
I finaly had him at 39 weeks exactly, and my birth went as planned.
I laboured at home - mainly on ball and in bath, and then went into labour ward and was 4cm, so they let me stay. I was doing ok with Gas and air for about 4 hours, and then my waters broke and all hell broke loose - i was like a mad woman!
I was begging for an epidural at this point. I had to wait 1/2 hour, as anethetist was giving epi to a woman having twins Mad hehe.
When the epidural came, it was fine going in, and the relief was almost instant - i then went to sleep for a couple of hours.
MW came in and checked me, and I was 10 cm and the head was there!
2 PUSHES AND HE WAS OUT!
He was put straight on my chest and had a suckle, and was then cleaned, weighed etc.
I have to say though, once epidural wore off, I felt like I had been in a car crash - it was awful Shocked

These are the 1st photos - on chest after 1st latch on, and after boob sucking our thumbs!

2nd is Tyler, born 12th march 2005.
Another eventful PG, and a 1st stage labour identical to Jamie - in and out for 2 weeks, finally coming at 38 weeks.
I was out shopping with Daves Auntie and said quietly 'dont want to alarm you but im in labour!' She freaked out hehe!
I was happy to shop, but she insisted we went home, so I laboured at home from 4 -8 on ball and bath. Phoned aunty at 8 to come and look after Jamie, we left home at 8.45, drove 20 mins to hospital, and had him at 9.32!
No gas, no epidural, nothing - no time - just lots of screaming hehe!
He was put straight onto chest, had bit of boob, and then all the nessecary was done. He came back, had a good feed and then i had a shower and walked to post natal.
It was by far a nicer experience not having the after effects of epidural - the most painful bit was where they had put a line in my hand in case i needed anything for my heart complaint Very Happy

Not even cleaned, off the boob and having snuggles!

Watch this space for number 3!!!!!

Last edited by on Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 on Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:39 pm

Beautiful boys, Kay! Lovely pics...no too long and you will be writing a third story for us!! :boob: Thank you for sharing! :aww:
Kasia80

Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha on Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:41 pm

Sad awww kay!!!

:aww: lovely stories

I am sooooooooooo broody :haha:

Breastfed Lottie for nearly two years and Livi for 13 months.
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

http://breastbuddies.nice-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Chelle7 on Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:16 pm

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/search/display.var.1494973.0.our_living_miracle.php

I read all your birth stories avidly and thought you might like to read mine!
Not all 7 of them lol, but our youngest Zachary was quite a hero where we live. his story was published in our local evening paper!
Feel free to copy and paste the link to read it!
TC evry1

Chelle7

Female Number of posts : 148
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2007-10-03

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/features/display.var.1494973.0.our

Back to top Go down

Post by angpixi on Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:54 am

:aww:wow chelle what an ordeal im so pleased its such a happy ending, and what a gorgeous family you have! and i believe ive said before....wow 7 kids! i must admit im slightly jealous, ive 5 and would love to have more but im not sure my body could take it!!! you must put your other birth stories on id love to read them!! x x
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by kay on Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:28 pm

Wow Chelle - thats a fair old story - well done to you all! :aww:
How is he doing with the hole in his heart now?

kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 on Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:34 pm

:aww: Chelle!
Kasia80

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:05 pm

wow thasts brillaint story chelle..

Back to top Go down

Post by Chelle7 on Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:41 pm

Hi Evry1 :group hug:

Thanx for all your comments. When I read the story of Zachary's birth and struggle I still can't believe that it actually happened to us. We are so lucky to have him and love him to bits. sunny Thats also why I am so determined to bf him for as long as, because he is definitely my last, and also because it has kept him so well (he fights off colds within 1-2 days and has never needed an anti-biotics!)
My other birth stories aren't as traumatic but eventful non the less, I will try to be as concise as possible but be warned as there are many! lol

First up was Daniel, I was 5 days overdue and after many false alarms and after being up all night with contractions I was practically dragged to hospital by my Dad (I told him I wasn't going in again only to be told I wasn't in labour) anyway this time I was and 12 hours later , a forceps delivery without pain relief produced our firstborn! He weighed 7lbs 11ozs and I think I was stitched up to my neck!
BF was ok for the first 2 weeks, after which I got mastitis. I was living with my Mum at the time and didn't get much support from her or any health proffessionals. ( My Mum had 5 of us and didn't feed any of us herself and I think to this day is alittle bit jealous that my sisiters and I have bless her) Anyway after presure from Mum I gave in and Daniel got a bottle
Sad

Next was Nathan and my easiest. I was induced with him 2 weeks early due to having a small bleed. I got a dose of gel at 3pm and delivered him after 2 pushes at 10.06pm (6lbs 14 ozs.) He :boob: straightaway and never stopped until he was 1yr 3 months. He still talks about it now (he is 10) I remember that from about 6 monthold every time I pulled up my top he would giggle in anticipation Laughing

Abigail's was a bit more stressful. I spent the last 5 months of my pregnancy in hospital, with placenta praevia, and continuous bleeding. After a scan at 37 weeks they saw that the placenta had moved significantly enough to allow me to deliver normally. A few days later they broke my waters to discover that her arm was presenting over her head, and so I had an emergency c- section. She weighed 5lbs 11ozs, our first daughter! flower
For some reason, shortly after birth they tested her blood sugar level which was low. They took her SCBU and without my permission gave her a bottle. Sad As a result she struggled to BF and after much perseverence at home, and with the gr8 support of BF counsellors would only take my EBM. I was then diagnosed with PND and had to give up when prescribed medication
drunken

I fell pregnant with Aaron when Abigail was just 10 weeks old, which also cured my PND! HIs birth was quick and bloody excrutiating! Jamie said he had never heard language like it ( even at the footie on a Saturday) Laughing
I laboured for around 6 hours and he weighed in at 6lbs 14ozs. Aaron BF for 6 months, when he decided he didn't want to anymore Sad

Benjamin was also a c- setion after spending around 3 months in hosptal (again with bleeding) He was born at 37 weeks weighing 6lbs 11ozs. He was a great little feeder and didn't stop until 13 months! Very Happy

Beth was born at 28 weeks weighing in at a tiny 2lbs 12ozs. I had had a really gr8 pregnancy until then when I suddenly started to bleed really heavy. They decided she was safer out than in. Although premature Beth did remarkably well and didn't need to be vetilated at any time. She came home BF weighing only 3lbs 8ozs and fed well for a while until her weight gain became very slow and she was moved onto a prem baby build up formula! flower

Well there you are the long story Sleep of all my babies. It saddens me to know that I Won't have any more, but I know that it would be too risky for me to do it again. Instead I will keep :boob: Zachary and stay tuned to all of you who I'm sure will produce lots more little miracles of your own!

Chelle7

Back to top Go down

Post by Chelle7 on Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:48 pm

Oops sorry Kay, Thanks for asking about Zach's heart! It was treated in ICU with a 9 day course of medication and after several follow up scans was given the all clear! It has been totally normal ever since!
Except that it pounds when he sees his Mum's boobs ( with excitement! bit like his Dad poor soul! lol)

Chelle7

Back to top Go down

Post by kay on Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:52 am

Aww thats great Chelle!

Your birth storeis are great - you're like me - eventful pregnancies and births, but still want more!!!
People always say to me- 'why do you want more when you have such a rough time?' Silly people - I love it hehe!!

Glad all is well - and you booby fed them all too - well done!!!

:group hug:

kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by nursemommy02 on Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:01 am

I'll share both my birth stories! along with some pregnancy background

My pregnancy with Marieka started off normal enough, very little for morning sickness, everything was good until 10 weeks 4 days, I had a minor placenta seperation, but she was a fighter, I was put on bed rest until 13 weeks, all was fine... about 22 weeks i had some minor contractions which started some dialation, but we were able to stop them at a cm, I continued about my business all all was good. at 32 weeks at my second pre-natal class, i started to experiance some pains, the nurse teaching the class happened to notice and sent me straight to the hospital. I was in early labour and was 2 cm, we were able to stop the dialation, but not the contractions, they were still coming every 5-20 minutes, but i was not dilating, and i was put on strict bed rest until 36 weeks, at 36 weeks my dr relieved part of my bed rest and i was checked often, they could not figure out what was causing the constant contractions, my uterus was very much irritated but not dialating, at 38 weeks 1 day, 5 days after my water ruptured (not broke, just a high leak) my dr decided enough was enough and induced me.

The induction was started at 8 am, with the drip, at 1pm i was checked and my water was broken, i was 4 cm, at 3pm i was checked again and was 6 cm, i spent alot of time in the shower, at 330 pm, i was getting close and they brought me laughing gas, at 4pm they noticed the babies heart rate had dropped considerably (77bmp for 4 straight minutes) and they came in to check me, i was 9.5cm and they decided baby needed to come out, so the nurse stretched my cervix the last .5 cm and we started to push, my dr came in and used vaccum suction and she was born at 4:20 pm on Feburary 18th 2003, 13 days early weighing 7lbs 2 oz and 19.5 inches long, she had a full head of brown hair.

Leya was our miracle baby. we started trying for Leya in November 2004, got pregnant right away, with TWINS and miscarried one at 4 weeks one at 12+ weeks. Got pregnant again in april 2005, miscarried at 6 weeks 6 days, Got pregnant again in August 2005, miscarried again at 8 weeks 4 days. saw my dr.... got clomid, Got pregnant again in Jan 2006, TWINS...Miscarried again 5 weeks 5 days... at this point my dr still does nothing, tells us to keep trying it will happen... April 2006, Get pregnant again, get hospitalized for bleeding... find out i'm 4 weeks 5 days, but i'm miscarrying again... Find out FINALLY what is wrong with my, I have PCOS..

So i go have a talk with Hubby, we decide to go on Birthcontrol and wait for awhile... I get a script for the birthcontrol, but have to see my dr before i can start it.... then in june.... june 16th, I'm at the cricket ground with my hubby, talking with a mutual friend of ours, who was really my rock... hubby kinda withdrew himself from everything and didn't know how to act...friend was great, I was complaining to him about how i was so mad that my body was being stupid and acting pregnant... he told me to take a test... so on the way home i bought one... i tested... Positive... FREAKED out affraid affraid Next day i went to the dr... got my hormones tested. everything looked GOOD, my HCG for being 5 weeks 6 days pregnant was 25, 510 VERY high for a singleton... Went to see my dr 12 days later...for my miscarriage follow up... PREGNANT... we went in right away for an ultrasound (2 weeks later) and saw ONE baby with a glorous heart beat... I was still placed on bed rest until 16 weeks... I passed my 16 weeks and was relieved to be able to do things again!

And then at 22 weeks, due to stress i started to dialate... I was placed BACK on bed rest and continued to contract like with Meeka, at 32 weeks i was 3 cm and they said that they would not even give me stuff to stop it or steriods for her lungs until i was 4cm... at 38 weeks 6 days, (yes that is 16 weeks+ of contractions and hospitals and bed rest) The dr induced me because Leya was getting stressed, The induction was started at 10 am, i was 4cm, I was checked at 2, i was 5-6 cm, i was checked at 3, i was 7cm, at 330pm my water broke, at 3:54 pm 24 minutes after my water broke my dr arrived just in time to catch Leya who was born with out a push. she weighed 6lbs 10 oz and was 19.25 inches long.

At the end of both of them it was determined i have an irritable uterus that gets infections easily around the amnitoic sac after dialation begins

nursemommy02

Female Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 on Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:29 pm

awwww Thank you all for sharing again!

Ok, we have new members:mamas post your birth stories here!I love a good labour story, I do!!!cheers nothing makes me more broody than reading about meeting baby forst time :aww:
Kasia80

Back to top Go down

Post by helenasusan on Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:09 pm

I have one little boy called Jack and here is our birth story.

I was induced due to preeclampsia. We managed to get to 38 weeks as Jack was plotted on the bottom centile and he needed more cooking time but my kidney function deteriorated further so he needed to come out.

They said that I needed to be induced straight away but couldn't find a labour bed for me so I had to wait until the next day. Spent yet another bad night on the antenatal ward being woken hourly for bp checks.

Finally was taken down for induction at 6.00pm the next evening to be told that it was too risky to fully induce me at night but they could give me one gel to try and improve things for induction tomorrow.

Had one gel and was told to sleep, slept straight through the night as they'd forgotton how regularly i was supposed to have my bp checked. Woke up at 8.00 and watched tv for a while. Mum and DH came in at 9.30ish and the doctors arrived soon after who explained exactly what would happen. They left and the sister came to break my waters after finding that I was 4cm. Laboured without pain relief as it wasn't really painful just had a bad ache in my hips.

Labour started at 10.00
At about 11.10 they noticed that Jack's trace wasn't as good as it should be so they asked for a senior midwife to review it. She came and stayed for the rest of the labour. So I had three midwives. Jack's trace worsened so they asked for a reg review by this time I was 10cm so started to push but nothing was happening.

Jack's heartbeat disappeared and then dropped into the 60's and it wasn't coming back up "prolonged foetal bradycardia" so consultant was called. He came and decided to perform a episiotomy and ventouse. There was no time for pain killers or anything else, he had to be got out straight away.

Jack was born blue and went straight to the resus. He pinked up nicely after some oxygen and they put him back onto my chest where he snuggled back down between my breasts.

I finally got to feed him two hours later. He fed for about 40 minutes and then went to sleep.

He was born at 12.44 pm so labour lasted 2hrs 44 mins and he weighed 5lb 2oz.

I'd do it all again in a heartbeat lol.

Next time I'm hoping for a nice normal birth hopefully in a birthing centre.
helenasusan

Female Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2007-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by angpixi on Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:30 am

Shocked what a traumatic birth well done for bf! what a happy ending though Very Happy
cheers to an easier one next time Very Happy
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 on Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:24 am

:aww: thank you for sharing!
Such a tense and dramatic labour!
next time it will be different, I'm sure! :aww:
Kasia80

Back to top Go down

Post by kay on Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:00 pm

:aww: They generally get better - promise! :aww:

kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by helenasusan on Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:23 pm

I hope so Kay. I shouldn't get preeclampsia next time. My mum had it will me but not with any of my brothers or sisters so next time should be nice and peaceful.

Fingers crossed. I've got quite a few years though until we can ttc again.
helenasusan

Female Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2007-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2