Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

ahhh it hurts NOW GETTING BETTER :]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default ahhh it hurts NOW GETTING BETTER :]

Post by donna4 on Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:45 am

hello ladies, well zachs gone and hurt me again Sad
it doesnt help that my boobs really hurt (guessing its my milk building up again as its not constant and a warm bath eases it) but even though there not cracked my nipples are really sore when zachs feeding he has a wide mouth, has a great latch, has plenty in his mouth etc. but the toe curling lasts for longer than this 10 secs everyone talks about. iv been on kellymom and i sem to be doing it right, so why does it not feel a pleasure to feed my lo s it hurts 8 out of 10? i am at midwives today so wil talk to them, theres the breast feding support workers but to be honest when i saw them in hospital they seemed over powering and preached too much bout bf, and was talking to much rather than helping.
also on my left nipple in two places it looks blue??? is that normal? xxxx

Last edited by donna4 on Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
donna4

Female Number of posts : 921
Tell us about yourself : Hi im Donna i have 5 children jamie 10, kiera 6, emilie 5, blake 4, and zachary 15 months, they mean the world to me :O)
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 5
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

default Re: ahhh it hurts NOW GETTING BETTER :]

Post by angpixi on Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:32 am

Hi Donna, hows t going? As far as the toe curling goes I always found it lasted longer than 10 seconds in the begining it took a while for things to settle down, especially with Aeryn when id had a few years break from feeding! What does the blue look like? does it look like a bruise or is it maybe your veins? if you have pale skin it might just be your veins showing because your boobs are swollen with milk? Did you get to talk to the midwife? Hope youre ok xxx Have pm you xx
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha on Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:33 pm

Hi Donna.

With Charlotte the 10 seconds was a lot longer and it was like it for a good 4 weeks or more. Just kept making sure I used the lanolin.

Yes it does sound like you vein but did you manage to see someone? x

Breastfed Lottie for nearly two years and Livi for 13 months.
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

http://breastbuddies.nice-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by donna4 on Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:47 pm

HELLO,
iv just come back from the halth visitors after getting zach weighed hes now 4weeks and 6 days and weighs ......... 11lb 1 1/2 oz she said thats a great weight gain and to be proud of myself for doing so well

im still a bit sore and some times i dont get the latch right but then we do have feeds where i have to keep checking hes still feeding as i carnt feel a thing! i have tried every nipple shield to save my poor nipple but he wont feed with them on so just biting my lip when its sore.

im enjoying nursing so much even though at times i wish someone else could feed him so i could have a sleep as the only chance i get to sleep is what i get at night, but im just loving the whole experience
donna4

Female Number of posts : 921
Tell us about yourself : Hi im Donna i have 5 children jamie 10, kiera 6, emilie 5, blake 4, and zachary 15 months, they mean the world to me :O)
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 5
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by angpixi on Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:25 pm

Glad all is going well with you xxx
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top