Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

One twin stopping breastfeeding before the other?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default One twin stopping breastfeeding before the other?

Post by TashaAndBump on Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:01 pm

Sophie-Rose hardly ever feeds anymore. She has a feed before bed and that's it! She never asks for it, but will take it when I offer. I feel like if I stopped offering it to her, she'd just never breastfeed again! She's really not fussed.

Grace on the other hand feeds ALLLL day long and would happily feed through the night if I let her!

I just wondered if it's 'normal' or common for one twin to self-wean before the other? I think it will be really weird if Sophie-Rose does self-wean before Grace, and I end up feeding Grace for months after Sophie-Rose stops... I guess I need to stop seeing them as a pair and start treating them more like the individual babies that they are, but I will find it a little sad if Sophie-Rose stops waaay before Grace does. Especially once they get older. Say Grace feeds until they are 2 - Do you think Sophie-Rose will wonder why she doesn't feed? Then again I suppose there would be nothing stopping her from coming back to the breast in the future if she wants to as the milk isn't exactly going to dry up with Grace guzzling all day long.

I just wondered if anyone else had experience with one twin weaning before the other? How did you find it? Or do twins typically feed and stop feeding at the same time? I guess every baby is probably different... scratch
TashaAndBump

Female Number of posts : 121
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to Anna (17 months old) Pregnant with identical twins! Smile

Due 29th January - Can't wait to breastfeed babies 2 and 3 :-) Anna stopped breastfeeding at 16 months 2 weeks.
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2009-05-25

Back to top Go down

default Re: One twin stopping breastfeeding before the other?

Post by Natasha on Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:19 pm

I think as you said they are individuals and she may not feel the need to nurse as much as her sibling.

I have noticed a huge difference between m first and second child, and im sure even with twins it is similar because of them becoming and showing how different they are.

I certainly wouldn't worry though.. like you say she could always go back Smile

Breastfed Lottie for nearly two years and Livi for 13 months.
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

http://breastbuddies.nice-forum.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top