Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

New here, Hi from Canada

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default New here, Hi from Canada

Post by pearljam1997 on Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:20 pm

Hi my name's Amber and I'm from Canada. I'm looking for some support on breastfeeding with implants. I have successfully nursed two sons already, DS#1 for 21 months and DS#2 for 26 months. With both boys I had an over abundant milk supply. I am hoping that this time even with possibly only half of my usual supply it will be enough. I have had my implants for over 6 years and they were placed over the muscle and through the nipple. I realize that the way it was done is the worst for ever being able to successfully breastfeed again. But I have hope and determination to make it work as best as I can. Very Happy We are not officially even TTC yet as DH needs to have a vasectomy reversal, which is happening this February. Woohoo. I am also looking for families who have children that are spaced far apart. DS#1 is almost 13 and DS#2 is 10 1/2 years old. If we are able to conceive this year our children would be 13 and 11 years apart. Shocked So if there's anybody out there that can give me some hope in the breastfeeding department it's very much appreciated and a huge thanks in advance. I want it to work out so badly.

pearljam1997

Female Number of posts : 3
Tell us about yourself : I'm 29 and DH is 33 and we are currently awaiting a vasectomy reversal on April.29. I'm looking to meet moms who have breastfed with implants and/or families who have children spaced far apart.
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2011-01-10

Back to top Go down

default Re: New here, Hi from Canada

Post by angpixi on Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:14 pm

welcome to breastbuddies! well done for your determination! i dont have any experience or advice but can give plenty of support Very Happy
The biggest age gap between my children is about 7 years but my oldest is 18 and the youngest 3. (i also have 13,12 and 5 yr old)
anyway look forward to chatting and getting to know you

by the way is that pearl jam the band youre named after??? I love you

good luck ttc
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by pearljam1997 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:03 pm

Thanks for the welcome!! And I'll take all the support I can get. I found one website that claims that there's a chemical in the implants that will make my baby sick but I'm not sure how much truth there is behind that as the women on the site had their implants done in the 70's-90's. And I know there's alot of bad surgeons out there too. Mine were done by a respectable surgeon and I can't complain. Anyways, so what is it like having an 18 year old and a 3 year old? How are your older children with the younger children? I know our youngest is very excited about the prospect of us having another, claiming he'll change all the diapers. lol we'll see about that. Very Happy

And yes Pearl Jam is the band that I am named after. THEY ARE THE BEST BAND IN THE WORLD. DH and I love them. I love you

take care.

pearljam1997

Tell us about yourself : I'm 29 and DH is 33 and we are currently awaiting a vasectomy reversal on April.29. I'm looking to meet moms who have breastfed with implants and/or families who have children spaced far apart.

Back to top Go down

Post by angpixi on Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:02 pm

is it possible to go to the surgeon that did your implants to ask his advice? he may not know about breastfeeding as such but he could probably tell you all about the implants themselves what theyre made of etc. or even give you a contact who may know more???
My oldest is a boy and hes great with the younger ones who are all girls! He did have his moments when going through the rocky adolecence but on the whole hes very tolerant. he does babysit on occasion hes also put them in the bath, fed them and played and but has never changed a nappy Laughing the older girls have fed and changed nappied etc. they really a good help. Im not saying theyre perfect angels by any means they are typical teens too! given the choice " will you look after the babes while i do house work or help me with housework" its look after the babes every time ( they know they can just play!!!)
From my point of view sometimes its quite taxing dealing with parenting problems from each end of the scale. I can have a girlfriend problem, a teenage strop, a 'im not going to school ever' moment, a a clingy toddler and a moody husband all in a matter of minutes Laughing Im going gray Rolling Eyes

Yes Pearl Jam are awesome! I love you

Very pleased to meet you- look forward to chatting some more Very Happy
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline A on Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:22 pm

Hi Amber
Good luck with ttc baby no.3.
Breastfeeding your 2 boys for such a long time is an amazing achievement, I'm sure you have the determination to make it work 3rd time around. I hope you don't have too many physical problems with bf'ing with implants.

Caroline xoxo

Caroline A

Female Number of posts : 14
Tell us about yourself : 34 year old married mother of 3. 2 boys and 1 girl. have loved breastfeeding all my babies.
Registration date : 2010-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha on Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:10 am

Welcome to the forum!

I know someone who had implants done in 2006, these where put infront of the breast tissue.

She successfully breastfed her daughter in 2009 Smile

Breastfed Lottie for nearly two years and Livi for 13 months.
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

http://breastbuddies.nice-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pearljam1997 on Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:32 am

Thanks to everyone for the encouraging words. They mean a ton. On a really wonderful note, my DH is getting his vasectomy reversed on April.29 at 9am. I am so over joyed at the prospect of having another little one to love and nurture. And to Natasha, thank you for sharing the wonderful news of your friend having breastfed her child with implants in front of the muscle. It means a lot to hear about such stories as it keeps me very hopeful. I have educated myself to the max on everything I need to know to ensure a good milk supply. So now we wait until baby making time. Very Happy Thanks again ladies. You've been a huge encouragement and I look forward to sharing with you guys the rest of my journey.

pearljam1997

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top