Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

both birth stories(sorry if its a bit long)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default both birth stories(sorry if its a bit long)

Post by hippymum1 on Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:28 am

tristens birth: with tristen i went 10 days overy and as i had very low platlets the midwife decided that i needed to be induced so i went in at about half eight in the morning at this point i was feeling quite neively excited they gave me an internall exam which i didnt expect to be quite as painfull and inserted a pessary after about half hour i was in agony turns out i had a bad reaction to the pessary and my uterus instead of contracting then relaxing was just contracting lots the midwife put me on a monitor and told me to lie on my back so ther i stayed for 20 mins in agony then when she came back she realised that babys heartbeat had slowed meening he was disstresed and i needed an emergancy c section at that point i became extreemly distressed i had gone from not being in labour to needing an emergency csection in the space of 2 hrs plus i had a needle phobia and as they prepard me for spinal block i felt like i was about to pass out with fear... finally on the second attempt the spinal was in and things started to calm down my partner (who had been forgatten inm the panic) joined me in theatre and within ten minites i heard baby cry then as he was passed to his daddy he went quiet and just stared at me and his dad with the biggest widest newborn eyes ive ever seenhe was 7.4 ..after going through to recovery ward i tried to feed him he didnt seem overly intrested although seemed happy to finally get a cuddle frm his mum i stayed in hospitall for 5 days struggling to feed him not getting much help frm midwives and getting no sleep ..when we went home i tried nipple shields as by this point i was so sore it was agony to feed they helped a bit but once i started using them he cudnt feed without Rolling Eyes anyway we muddled through and hes now a very clever little 2yr old

izzys birth: after a completly normall pregnancy at 3 days over i started getting strong perod like pains while having breakfast luckly my mom was taking tristen to toddler group as she does every thursday and by the time she got bak they had become more regular had called partner bck frm work and was convinced this was it so at bout 4ish we went to hospitall got the room i wanted in the birthing unit rather than labour ward as i wanted to try 4 natrul birth after a while they examined me and i was a dissapointin 1cm! i almost cried they then suggested i go home take sum paracetamol and try to get sum sleep! needless to say after the agonisg journey home i did not sleep a wink my mum stayed over to help with tristen and drove us to hospitall (me trying to bite down on seatbelt to stop myself screaming as we went over speed bumps,didnt want to scare trist) wen we got ther i wuddnt let them examin me for ages and after a while they moved me to outpatiens for a while at abot 6 or 7 i finnaly let them examin me (the midwife kept mentioning me going home) but at this point i felt like i needed the toilet and cudnt go anyway when she examind me she sed i was 4 centemeters and i cud go bak to birthing unit cheers so i got bak and was really looking forward 2 gas and air but it just made me dizzy although the mouthpiece was usfull to bite down on lol then at 8 my waters went wen i went to the loo and i went on to my hands and knnes by the bed and started pushing the midwife was brill just told me to do wat i felt was right although they did try and put an iv line in while i was pushing lol i didnt happen Laughing then at 8;15 after screaming till my throat hurt~(at one point the midwife told me that if i didnt scream so load i cud push better,i did try but quickly went bak to screaming)..my buitifull baby was born put straight onto my chest and started feeding straight away she was 8.4 cheers she fed for an hour after born i went for a bath then went to recovery for the night as there was meconium in the waters after a slight panic in the night wen i thoght there was sumthing wrong with the amount of blood i was loosing (midwife sed it was just because baba had been feeding pretty much non stop since birth) i went home th nxt day and things hav been going really well since Very Happy shes now 2 months
hippymum1

Number of posts : 20
Tell us about yourself : i hav a 2yr old and a 2 month old lifes hectic atm
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2010-09-17

Back to top Go down

default Re: both birth stories(sorry if its a bit long)

Post by angpixi on Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:37 pm

Thanks for sharing hug2 makes me broody reading birth stories Laughing
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top