Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

bras

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default bras

Post by rhi'smummy on Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:33 am

Is it safe to use underwired nursing bra's once feeding is established? If not why do they sell them?

rhi'smummy

Female Number of posts : 511
Tell us about yourself : Mum to milk monster Rhianna
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 9
Registration date : 2007-08-23

Back to top Go down

default Re: bras

Post by AnnaMat25 on Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:36 am

i would say no as the underwire can block some of your milk ducts (i'm sure thats what we were told) i think they sell them becasue it's all about money isn't it

AnnaMat25

Female Number of posts : 259
Tell us about yourself : i'm s mum to 3 children
Registration date : 2010-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by indigosky2k on Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:54 am

I think, though I maybe wrong, that the 'wires' in underwired nursing bras are made from something more flexable that moves with your body, so they don't dig in thus causing the blocked duct problems associated with normal metal underwires. I also believe they would offer more support than some of the more flimsy nursing bras I've come across.
I haven't got any though, sadly my finances mean I'm usually stuck with the flimsy ones
Embarassed

indigosky2k

Female Number of posts : 182
Tell us about yourself : I'm a SAHM to Kacie aged 10.5 months. I'm very into an AP way of life, baby-wearing, co-sleeping, breastfeeding, etc. We're coming up to one year and I'm looking for places where I won't be looked down on for extended breastfeeding. I have no intention of weaning until Kacie wants to. We're also traying to conceive baby no. 2, so really hoping to tandam feed and will be looking for support to do this too.
Your mood today : Sick
Thanks and Reputation points : 12
Registration date : 2010-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by rhi'smummy on Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:10 pm

I really need some new bras, I've gone up a couple of bra sizes with Scarlett. I've only got one that fits me properly, if I'm dont pay attention, my nipples stick out over the top. I was looking on la redoute, they have some nice ones in colours other than white and black, and not too expensive either, just wasn't sure about the wires. I might order some and have a look a the wires, can always send them back.

rhi'smummy

Back to top Go down

Post by Squiglet on Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:01 am

Well I've been using underwired bras for a long long time. I would say since lil miss was around 9/10 months? I've not had any problems since then. I wear a maternity bra at night though Smile

Squiglet

Female Number of posts : 901
Tell us about yourself : I'm me...ask me a question...
Your mood today : Confussed
Thanks and Reputation points : 32
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by rhi'smummy on Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:15 pm

Squiglet wrote:Well I've been using underwired bras for a long long time. I would say since lil miss was around 9/10 months? I've not had any problems since then. I wear a maternity bra at night though Smile
Are they underwired nursing bra's, or just normal bras that you pull aside?

rhi'smummy

Back to top Go down

Post by Squiglet on Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:35 pm

Normal bra's I pull to one side. Wearing one right now. Tbh the nursing bra selection in Spain is a pile of pants, so really I had no other choice. Generally if I'm lounging around at home I'll wear a nursing bra, because they are more convenient and comfortable, but when I work or go out, it's an underwire.

Squiglet

Back to top Go down

Post by rhi'smummy on Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:27 pm

Can I ask another question, maybe a bit nosey, What size are your bras? I know a couple of mums who've had mastitus from wearing normal bras and pulling them aside, but they were both on the larger size, maybe its a size thing?
Hope that doesn't sound rude and I haven't caused offence in anyway.

rhi'smummy

Back to top Go down

Post by Squiglet on Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:45 am

No not rude at all... Admittedly I am not very big. When I had T I was told that my breasts would be too small to breastfeed, but I did just fine. I'm a B/C cup right now. I don't really fall into either catagory. C's too big, and B's too small. If you can get underwired feeding bras, then thats better than what I have. Unfortunately I am just completely limited. The birth rate in Spain is 1.41 so there isn't a big business for baby/maternity stuff and what there is, is extremely overpriced. There is absolutely no help here and even if your kids go to public school, you are still looking at 300+ a year in school text books alone. And as a result people just aren't having that many kids anymore because it's just too expensive.

Squiglet

Back to top Go down

Post by rhi'smummy on Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:25 am

Wow, I never knew that about spain, they say you learn something new everyday. If you ever want something lightweight posted on let me know!
I find that my boobs are different sizes, one is at least one size bigger than the other. I used to get Rhianna to feed from my left but not my right if I was wearing something nice, so hopefully it even them out a bit!

rhi'smummy

Back to top Go down

Post by Veron on Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:40 pm

When I was preggers I bought some nursing bras from h&m. I was clueless. I ended up cutting the wire out for relief and it was a normal wire. Then I finally measured myself. I'd gone from a AA to a C. And inches were more too :-(. So after some bad spending, I finally got some comfy ones online and live in them now. Granted they are not pretty but i can live with it. Having cleavage is amazing enough.

Veron

Female Number of posts : 17
Tell us about yourself : Nursing, co sleeping and wearing. First daughter and hopefully more in the future. Loving my new life!
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2010-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:40 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top