Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Growth spurt

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Growth spurt

Post by rhi'smummy on Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:21 pm

I think Scarlett is having a growth spurt at the moment, she's been attached to me almost non stop for the last few days and the few times Rhianna has wanted milk she says there's none there. She's just 4 months, although as she was a month early, I thought her growth spurts would be later too.
I can see why so many mums start introducing solids at 4 months when they get to this stage and nothing seems to fill them up. Its hard work, I've had to eat a couple of mars bars to keep up, luckily I happened to have a couple of mars bars in the fridge Laughing Just hope she's over it soon!

rhi'smummy

Female Number of posts : 511
Tell us about yourself : Mum to milk monster Rhianna
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 9
Registration date : 2007-08-23

Back to top Go down

default Re: Growth spurt

Post by kay on Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:21 pm

i found the 16 week growth spurt very difficult!

do you think it might help Rhianna wean though if she is saying there is nothing there?

kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by indigosky2k on Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:31 am

The 16 week growth spurt was definitely the hardest here, coincided with the 4 month jabs too which made it worse Rolling Eyes

indigosky2k

Female Number of posts : 182
Tell us about yourself : I'm a SAHM to Kacie aged 10.5 months. I'm very into an AP way of life, baby-wearing, co-sleeping, breastfeeding, etc. We're coming up to one year and I'm looking for places where I won't be looked down on for extended breastfeeding. I have no intention of weaning until Kacie wants to. We're also traying to conceive baby no. 2, so really hoping to tandam feed and will be looking for support to do this too.
Your mood today : Sick
Thanks and Reputation points : 12
Registration date : 2010-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by rhi'smummy on Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:17 pm

Scarlett had her jabs last monday and the next 2 nights she was very unsettled, this growth spurt has come just after it, like you Davina.
I'm hoping it is helping Rhianna realise she can survive without it, although yesterday, she was hurt herself and wanted a tiny bit, but there was none there. She said she didn't want her baby sister anymore and she wanted someone to come and take her away Sad Its the first time she's ever said anything but lovely things about Scarlett. 10 mins later though, Chris made a loud noise and Rhianna really told him off for scaring Scarlett and came and gave her a big kiss and cuddle. She said it was her saying sorry for Daddy, but I think really she was trying to make up for what she'd said earlier.
My new plan is to let her have milk once or twice a day if she really wants it, but offering substitutes like milkshake or marshmallows as often as possible. But when she does have milk, she only has a tiny teeny bit. She mostly seems happy with that, and it seems to work for me too.
Any suggestions for anything I can eat to boost my supply temporarily? I think oats are meant to be good, so I've been eating porrige and flapjack.

rhi'smummy

Female Number of posts : 511
Tell us about yourself : Mum to milk monster Rhianna
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 9
Registration date : 2007-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by kaygeebee on Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:24 pm

Oats and fennel tea!

I found that one tough going too, although my LO came out of it able to sleep a 6 hr stretch which was great ....... except it only lasted a month! lol!

kaygeebee

Female Number of posts : 127
Tell us about yourself : mum to a little boy, born August 2009
Your mood today : Bored
Thanks and Reputation points : 4
Registration date : 2009-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by indigosky2k on Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:16 am

Awww bless Rhianna.

I've found keeping myself hydrated very important for keeping my supply up. I was probably still drinking 3 ltrs of water a day at that point. And yes oats and fennel tea. I used to have 2 or 3 cups of fennel tea a day and porridge every morning. Oh and I'm sure I read somewhere about milk too. I used full fat milk for me until Kacie was 6 months, though I've no idea where I read it scratch

indigosky2k

Female Number of posts : 182
Tell us about yourself : I'm a SAHM to Kacie aged 10.5 months. I'm very into an AP way of life, baby-wearing, co-sleeping, breastfeeding, etc. We're coming up to one year and I'm looking for places where I won't be looked down on for extended breastfeeding. I have no intention of weaning until Kacie wants to. We're also traying to conceive baby no. 2, so really hoping to tandam feed and will be looking for support to do this too.
Your mood today : Sick
Thanks and Reputation points : 12
Registration date : 2010-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:37 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top