Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Ecological Breastfeeding

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Announcement Ecological Breastfeeding

Post by Natasha on Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:25 am

Has anyone else read much into this? (scroll down to eco booby feeding)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lactational_amenorrhea_method

Now I haven't had af return yet, I do all the things that Eco breastfeeding requires.

Now with Livi, I didn't wear her as much, she stayed with MIL a few times and I was very keen on weaning her and making sure she was getting enough (first time mum syndrome!) and Livi was in and out of a cot after 6 months, we didn't cosleep full time after that as she didn't seem happy too (but that could of been me)

My approach is a lot different this time, Charlotte has had no water, she doesn't have 3 meals a day. She does site with us and has a munch on little bits, breast always comes first and then for pudding but she certainly isn't conforming to what our culture said she should be doing

She is very much a booby baby still and has gone all day in the sling with just boob (we went out all day last sat and thats all she had until we got home at 4 and then only had some tomato and fruit)

I feel totaly relaxed with this, she still does newborn poos on ocassions! and some days when shes really gave it ago with solids (which she is very good at ) she would poo for england

I feel being relaxed as I have, I have been able to let her do what she wants, not do things I think are right because someone else told me (ya get me?!)

I started af with livi at 10 months (around the begining) and although I get the niggles I certainly don't feel I will be seeing her for sometime yet.

We do NFP so with eco bfing I can hopefully have natural spacing between having another.

The only scary thing about concieveing naturally while bfing is you have an increased risk of twins according to this

Dr. Steinman found that women who become pregnant while breastfeeding are nine times more likely to conceive twins than women who are not breastfeeding at the time of conception.

http://scienceblog.com/cms/chance-of-having-twins-can-be-modified-by-diet-10638.html

Now Lottie is not far off a year (omg a year old soon!) I feel relaxed trying this method, it has been successful so far and I have been NFP since her birth (more strictly since 6 months)
And as shes an eco booby feeder I am interested to see how the natural spacing will occur

What are your thoughts on Eco booby feeding?

Breastfed Lottie for nearly two years and Livi for 13 months.
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

http://breastbuddies.nice-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Announcement Re: Ecological Breastfeeding

Post by Squiglet on Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:34 pm

Charting works quite well as long as you don't have sex during your fertile times.

The only thing I see is that Lottie is taking solids as some point which means you are technically not fully breastfeeding which could increase your risk.

The whole infertility during breastfeeding is there for a reason. In the days when we were hunter gatherers being constantly pregnant would have been very difficult and dangerous, so its a evolutionary development meant to protect the mother, the toddler and future babies. Smile Also to make the perpetuation of the species more likely.

I know in recent studies they've found that ancient people would have between 18 - 24 months between children. So you know that you probably don't have long left (around 6 months)before you become fertile again anyway...

I think if you are happy with more children in the near future, go for it Smile
Squiglet

Female Number of posts : 901
Tell us about yourself : I'm me...ask me a question...
Your mood today : Confussed
Thanks and Reputation points : 32
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha on Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:22 pm

Well she has a long feed before solids and then usualy after, the pattern of feeding hasn't really changed much from when she was around maybe 3-4 months old, other than shes feeding for longer rather than lots of little feeds.
I have been following all 7 standards (naturally and unintentionally) she regularly uses me as a dummy too, so we will see how it goes.

As I do want more children in the future, I guess nature will see when its best. Although sex isn't something thats really on my mind at all (rarely is nowadays.) One of the reasons nfp has worked I think

Breastfed Lottie for nearly two years and Livi for 13 months.
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

http://breastbuddies.nice-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum