Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Hi, new here :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Hi, new here :)

Post by Ness on Sat May 08, 2010 11:29 am

Hi

I am a new member with 6 children aged 18, 16, 12, 6, 4 and 3 months. I am on maternity leave from my job as a maternity care assistant. I help support new mums and their babies.

My baby Adelaide has been breastfeeding for 3 months now and we still have good days and bad days, but her gorgeous smile makes it all worthwhile clap
Ness

Female Number of posts : 5
Tell us about yourself : I am mum to 6, aged from 18 years down to 3 months Smile I am currently on maternity leave from my job as a Maternity Support Worker.
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

default Re: Hi, new here :)

Post by AnnaMat25 on Sat May 08, 2010 12:16 pm

aww how lovely, welcome to the forum i look forward to getting to know you xx
AnnaMat25

Female Number of posts : 259
Tell us about yourself : i'm s mum to 3 children
Thanks and Reputation points : 9
Registration date : 2010-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by kay on Sat May 08, 2010 12:46 pm

Hello and welcome! Very Happy always nice to hear from someone with more kids than me lol!

Adelaide was my grandmothers name, I only got to meet her when i was newborn though Razz

Your job sounds fab - just the sort of thing i would love to do! cheers

kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Ness on Sat May 08, 2010 1:18 pm

Thanks for the welcome girls Smile

Kay, I have never met another Adelaide yet. I love old fashioned names, my older girls are called Dolly and Ella so I wanted another 'old lady' name. I love big families, I am from a family of 5 and my hubby is has 9 brothers and sisters so we were destined to end up with lots ourselves and I must admit work makes me sooo broody. People always ask me if we are done yet??? I reply 'never say never' Laughing I like the larger age gaps and may even have another once Adelaide goes to school. Work is great and I am missing it already, its lovely to help new mums and their babies, I get real satisfaction and feel I am doing a worthy job. I started it when I wanted to train to be a midwife but now am quite happy to be the assistant, midwives need us too Very Happy

What are your boys called? I am a bit obsessed with baby names Smile
Ness

Female Number of posts : 5
Tell us about yourself : I am mum to 6, aged from 18 years down to 3 months Smile I am currently on maternity leave from my job as a Maternity Support Worker.
Your mood today : Happy
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by angpixi on Sat May 08, 2010 1:41 pm

kay wrote:Hello and welcome! Very Happy always nice to hear from someone with more kids than me lol!

was going to say similar!

hi and welcome to the forum, look forward to getting to know you
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by kay on Sat May 08, 2010 3:02 pm

I love old fashioned names too, unfortunately cant convince hubby! Rolling Eyes (when i suggested Martha if this one was a girl he looked at me like i had just dropped out of the sky!!)
My boys are Jamie Flynn, Tyler James and Corben James (Corey for short). I quite like Frankie for this one if its a boy, which is after my dad. I havent really thought of girls names as i am so convinced its a boy! Razz

People think i am mad having 4, but we always wanted 4 - they just assume i am having another to try for a girl Rolling Eyes I really dont mind - a boy would be practical and would fit in well with the house, a girl would be a novelty! hopefully i find out a week on tuesday!!

And i'm going to look into your job a little more - i always wanted to be a midwife, and was going to retrain while im not working, but i dont know if it can realistically happen - especially as there are lots of qualified midwifes and so few jobs! I am about to start my breastfeeding counsellor course to keep my mind ticking over and so i can help people on a voluntary basis, but a job like yours in a few years time could be perfect! Very Happy

kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by lmrcpr on Sat May 08, 2010 5:06 pm

Hi,
im new as well I only joind this week
lmrcpr

Number of posts : 21
Tell us about yourself : I have a little girl who was born feb 2010and have been breastfeeding since she was born, using cloth nappies since she was 4 weeks and just starting to baby wear.
Registration date : 2010-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha on Sat May 08, 2010 5:11 pm

Welcome to the forum

Breastfed Lottie for nearly two years and Livi for 13 months.
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

http://breastbuddies.nice-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by indigosky2k on Sat May 08, 2010 5:23 pm

Hiya and welcome
Look forward to getting to know you Smile

indigosky2k

Female Number of posts : 182
Tell us about yourself : I'm a SAHM to Kacie aged 10.5 months. I'm very into an AP way of life, baby-wearing, co-sleeping, breastfeeding, etc. We're coming up to one year and I'm looking for places where I won't be looked down on for extended breastfeeding. I have no intention of weaning until Kacie wants to. We're also traying to conceive baby no. 2, so really hoping to tandam feed and will be looking for support to do this too.
Your mood today : Sick
Thanks and Reputation points : 12
Registration date : 2010-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Squiglet on Sun May 09, 2010 11:56 am

Squiglet

Female Number of posts : 901
Tell us about yourself : I'm me...ask me a question...
Your mood today : Confussed
Thanks and Reputation points : 32
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum