Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Potty training YEA!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Potty training YEA!

Post by Squiglet on Thu May 06, 2010 12:47 pm

Well with T we were told to potty train...none of the child led potty training. Simply because I don't think it existed. I remember DREADING potty training this time round because of how horrific potty training T was. I remember being in tears and honestly thinking that T would never be dry...ever and that she had some sort of problem, especially as she had Poland Syndrome which affects the muscles. When T did potty train she did it in a matter of weeks. 2 to be exact and was dry day and night. Looking back, I realise that the situation I lived in with my ex at the time (which was very stressful with her with all the fighting) and the fact she just wasn't ready was why it was such a battle. So this time around, despite my mothers and my MIL's disagreement, I refused to potty train. Lil miss would eventually get there herself, when she was ready.

Well...

She's ready. She really has done fabulously. Within the last week, she has gone from being wet day and night to dry day and night...last night she went through all night without a nappy and was dry this morning. She loves wearing knickers. I've also noticed last week especially, that she would only have the occasional accident in knickers but if you put a nappy on she would just pee in it. It was like the nappy gave her the excuse to be dirty.

So we've just dumped them... Sadly I've got nearly a whole pack of pull ups left!

So there we are. Potty trained in a week. What did I do..? Nothing Ta dah...

Sorry I'm kinda proud.
Squiglet

Female Number of posts : 901
Tell us about yourself : I'm me...ask me a question...
Your mood today : Confussed
Thanks and Reputation points : 32
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

default Re: Potty training YEA!

Post by Natasha on Thu May 06, 2010 12:53 pm

Thats brilliant!

Breastfed Lottie for nearly two years and Livi for 13 months.
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

http://breastbuddies.nice-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen on Thu May 06, 2010 1:58 pm

Morag thats brilliant!
I havent done the potty 'training' either. We just have 2 pottys 1 upstairs and a musical one downstairs and have just told her what its for etc. She's sat on them loads over the last year but only done the occasional wee on one. But over the last week omg she's just turned a corner and every wee and poo (apart from 1) has been on her potty! I've give her loads of praise and give her stickers.
Its been easy though because i've kept her bottom halves off and she's just had a top on all week in the house. I've let her wear knickers too but she would prefer to keep them off lol.
Its the next stage now though of putting clothes on her and her being able to pull them up and down in time lol.
Helen

Female Number of posts : 1782
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to Bethany who is 3 years old now and weaned herself off the boob at 2. And my little boy Thomas who has just turned 1. I'm loving breastfeeding all over again Smile
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 10
Registration date : 2007-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by kay on Thu May 06, 2010 3:01 pm

yay! well done! cheers

kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Squiglet on Thu May 06, 2010 7:11 pm

Helen, that's like lil miss... A month ago she went through this phase of "Wah, I'm a baby, Wah!" She even made the wah sound, refused to use the potty all together, then it's like she turned a corner and every pee, and poo was in the potty. She just wasn't ready beforehand, now she is. Smile She even get's upset if you refer to her as a baby... "I'm big gel now!"
Squiglet

Female Number of posts : 901
Tell us about yourself : I'm me...ask me a question...
Your mood today : Confussed
Thanks and Reputation points : 32
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by angpixi on Fri May 07, 2010 11:05 am

well done both of you
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top