Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

It hurts!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

topic 6 It hurts!!!

Post by indigosky2k on Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:14 pm

So I'm almost 6 weeks and I'm finding Kacie really toe-curlingly painful for the last couple of days Please tell me it will get better after a few weeks and is there anything I can do to help? There's no way I'm giving up, but I'd like to know it's going to get better sooner than 8 months time

indigosky2k

Female Number of posts : 182
Tell us about yourself : I'm a SAHM to Kacie aged 10.5 months. I'm very into an AP way of life, baby-wearing, co-sleeping, breastfeeding, etc. We're coming up to one year and I'm looking for places where I won't be looked down on for extended breastfeeding. I have no intention of weaning until Kacie wants to. We're also traying to conceive baby no. 2, so really hoping to tandam feed and will be looking for support to do this too.
Your mood today : Sick
Thanks and Reputation points : 12
Registration date : 2010-03-05

Back to top Go down

topic 6 Re: It hurts!!!

Post by Natasha on Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:06 pm

I should think it will, breast sensitivity is during the early stages of pregnancy so should calm by the time the placenta takes over and the hormones are not so high?

Breastfed Lottie for nearly two years and Livi for 13 months.
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

http://breastbuddies.nice-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kay on Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:49 pm

Oh hunny - I can really sympathise! hug2

I didnt know I was pregnant, ad had corey in bed feeding, and i just wanted to throw him across the room Embarassed it hurt so bad, and was so irritating, and i couldnt figure why!

I have to say it did get much better, but we were at the point of weaning (joint effort), by the time i was about 10 - 12 weeks pregnant.

kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by indigosky2k on Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:28 pm

Thanks girls that's all I need to know, that it will
ease, even if it doesn't stop completely I just need it to hurt less.
Kay I hear you on the wanting to throw her accross the room I'm finding it really irritating when it's a long feed or
during the night when all I want to do is sleep. And Missy is less than
impressed when I remove her when she's finished drinking and is just
comfort sucking

indigosky2k

Tell us about yourself : I'm a SAHM to Kacie aged 10.5 months. I'm very into an AP way of life, baby-wearing, co-sleeping, breastfeeding, etc. We're coming up to one year and I'm looking for places where I won't be looked down on for extended breastfeeding. I have no intention of weaning until Kacie wants to. We're also traying to conceive baby no. 2, so really hoping to tandam feed and will be looking for support to do this too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha on Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:52 pm

Oo ive had that and not been pregnant, I think im approaching my first AF as mine are sensitive and ive felt similar to both you and Kay.

I hope it passes soon

Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)

Back to top Go down

Post by kay on Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:08 pm

I found that, i could just about cope with the feed, but the nipple twiddling and just having ny nipple in his mouth was hairpull

I could have carried on - it honestly did get better (6-7 weeks was the worst if i remember) but we had our reasons for weaning (I have very difficult pregnancies, and didnt want him having to go cold turkey if i got hospitalised) but if the desire wa sthere on both parts, we were past the horrid stage by this point hug2

kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by gem1981 on Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:14 am

I hate to say it, but at 23 weeks now it feels worse than ever! The pain calmed down for a while but is now back with avengence! The nipple twiddling is - aaaarrrrrggggghhhhhh!!!!!!!! (annoying!!) Daisy has also taken to coming off and just licking the nipple which i also can't stand. Sorry, I'm not an advert for bfing while pregnant at the moment! xxx

gem1981

Female Number of posts : 1459
Your mood today : Content
Thanks and Reputation points : 1
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha on Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:30 am

gem1981 wrote:I hate to say it, but at 23 weeks now it feels worse than ever! The pain calmed down for a while but is now back with avengence! The nipple twiddling is - aaaarrrrrggggghhhhhh!!!!!!!! (annoying!!) Daisy has also taken to coming off and just licking the nipple which i also can't stand. Sorry, I'm not an advert for bfing while pregnant at the moment! xxx

Ooo no!

I hope this passes again for you Gem

Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by Squiglet on Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:15 pm

I've had this with Lil miss for a long, long time now. It's one of the reasons I was hoping she would stop in February when I went away. Sad The nipple twiddling and the comfort feeding drive me nuts.
Squiglet

Female Number of posts : 901
Tell us about yourself : I'm me...ask me a question...
Your mood today : Confussed
Thanks and Reputation points : 32
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by indigosky2k on Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:14 pm

Thanks girls, even if I know it's not going to stop at least I know it's normal. And I shouldn't complain as it's one of those all important symptoms I'm so desperate for
I find the nipple twiddling and mauling irritating at the best of times I really hope it doesn't make me want to stop too much. Though knowing my luck after putting up with all this agony and irritation now, she'll give it up before Little Boo is born anyway

indigosky2k

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha on Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:07 am

Yes thats just typical

Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top