Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

4 Month old LB Refusing right breast.......

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default 4 Month old LB Refusing right breast.......

Post by Jacquline on Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:02 pm

Hi everyone, I have recently found that my 4 month old LB sometimes refuses to drink from my right breast. I find this very funny , because there is nothing wrong with the milk, but he just doesn't want to drink from it. I feed him one breast per feed, so he gets enough Yummy hind milk. Oh and he started clamping down on my nipple when he drinks, is this a sign he is getting teeth? He is more cranky than usual 2 or this could be due to my mother's death and me crying alot? Well if u have any ideas why he is doing this please answer.
Jacquline

Number of posts : 6
Tell us about yourself : I am 26 and first time mom to a beautiful 4month old baby Boy named Kyle.
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2010-01-22

Back to top Go down

default Re: 4 Month old LB Refusing right breast.......

Post by angpixi on Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:19 pm

sorry to hear about your mother

to answer your questions though most babies prefer one breast - mine to the extent that my left is somewhat larger than my right i do manage to even them out sometimes but she sdefinately more comfy on the left and sleeps that side
he could be clamping down if hes starting to teeth or just hes found out he can!
babies do tend to pick up on emotions so his crankyness could be due to how youre feeling or if he is teething it could be that too.
hope youre ok xx
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacquline on Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:27 pm

Thank you angpixi, My left breast is also larger than the other one . Oh yes, i'm fine now, when I need to speak to my mom is when it becomes all too real..... but I try and control my feelings for my LB's sake. I don't want him to get upset because I'm upset.
Jacquline

Tell us about yourself : I am 26 and first time mom to a beautiful 4month old baby Boy named Kyle.

Back to top Go down

Post by emmiesmummy on Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:34 pm

Emily has always preffered my left breast & now she is two that side is bigger than the other one (considerably) i would suggest that if not feeding from both to at least express from that side .Now Emily is two she still refuses my right breast & if i offer it she shakes her head and says 'no mummy its yucky !!!' so who knows maybe they are slightly different ....lol
emmiesmummy

Female Number of posts : 1131
Tell us about yourself : Mum to Tara (22) James (8 ) &baby Emily whos 2
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 27
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha on Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:09 pm

angpixi wrote: sorry to hear about your mother

to answer your questions though most babies prefer one breast - mine to the extent that my left is somewhat larger than my right i do manage to even them out sometimes but she sdefinately more comfy on the left and sleeps that side
he could be clamping down if hes starting to teeth or just hes found out he can!
babies do tend to pick up on emotions so his crankyness could be due to how youre feeling or if he is teething it could be that too.
hope youre ok xx

Yep same here!

I would say the clamping could be linked to teething, but also could be that he is seeing what he can do with them other than drinking

Breastfed Lottie for nearly two years and Livi for 13 months.
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

http://breastbuddies.nice-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Squiglet on Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:53 pm

I'm so sorry about you mum.

Lil miss had very specific preferences for a particular boob. It was left boob chatau or right boob rioja. Then we'd end up with the code..no... she had rioja today.... Wink

It's just a breastfeeding quirk. Don't worry. Smile I'd find if I offered her the less liked boob when she was sleepy and hungry she'd take it, so it was reserved. Smile

Now the only preference she has is boob.
Squiglet

Female Number of posts : 901
Tell us about yourself : I'm me...ask me a question...
Your mood today : Confussed
Thanks and Reputation points : 32
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha on Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:57 pm

Jacquline wrote:or this could be due to my mother's death and me crying alot?.

I also for got to say im ver sorry to hear about you mum x

Breastfed Lottie for nearly two years and Livi for 13 months.
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

http://breastbuddies.nice-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kay on Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:36 pm

Very sorry to hear about your mum

I second what the others have said - Corey always preffered one to the other. He would have both, but i kind of had to make him!

kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacquline on Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:45 am

Thanx everyone. Kyle also drinks the right breast only when he's half asleep or very hungry. Wonder what's the difference between the two? Taste maybe.....Texture maybe......or maybe he just likes lying on one side when he drinks? Well I try and milk the right side everytime, but sometimes I just havent got the time.......... enjoy ur day everyone!
Jacquline

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top