Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

baby love to suck my nipple as pacifier before sleep

View previous topic View next topic Go down

topic2 baby love to suck my nipple as pacifier before sleep

Post by cheahwen on Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:41 am

Hi, i am first timer here. I am from Malaysia, I am first time mother to my baby boy - hin hin, he is now 11 weeks, he love to latch on before fall asleep.. he refuse to take pacifier..sometimes it does make me frust coz of the pain...(coz he not sleep very well, whenever he awake, he request again for nipple his specified "pacifier", then sleep again, then wake up again...)

It is a problem over here, i understand to bosst up milk supply, i should just let him latch on whenver he wants, but the problem is when i fetch him from nanny, he already being fed full and my breast are semi full, he wanna to sleep on and keep on searching around for his "pacifier", whenver i refuse to let him latch on, he will screamed and cry on... , but he already full, if add in my supply, i believe it will be too full for him, and i do notice he will throw out after he wake up from sleep terribly in this condition...please help...

cheahwen

Number of posts : 2
Tell us about yourself : I am 34 new mother, baby 10 weeks, would like to give 100% breastfeeding but not able to due to low milk supply.
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2009-12-08

Back to top Go down

topic2 Re: baby love to suck my nipple as pacifier before sleep

Post by angpixi on Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:06 pm

hi welcome to the forum, i wish i could suggest something to help but you seem to be in a round about situation. most babies use nipples as a pacifer and at around his age quite often have a growth spurt so its possible he is building up your supply. is it possible for your routine to change slightly so he is hungry when he comes back from nanny? have you checked your 'latch' is he in the right place on your breast? if not this may be causing the pain?
hope i can help if only a little

angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by cheahwen on Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:36 am

thanks angpixi...i do change side...i believe he does latch proper as it is not painful at the begining...only after he keep on requesting then my nightmare begin...

cheahwen

Number of posts : 2
Tell us about yourself : I am 34 new mother, baby 10 weeks, would like to give 100% breastfeeding but not able to due to low milk supply.
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2009-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by angpixi on Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:34 pm

it could be that he is having a growth spurt, hes around the age! i hope your problem gets solved soon, sorry i couldnt help more

angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha on Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:01 am

I agree with Ang, sounds very much like a growth spurt especialy if its something thats been happening recently.

Also many babies go through anxiety stages through growth and development and comfort from their mother (in the form of the breast) provides exactly what they need at that time.

Do you have a sling/baby carrier? I understand its hard and draining but it will pass. Having a comfortable sling will help keep him close to you while hes going through this so you can get on, it would be even better if you could get Nanny to wear him too as this will keep him feeling very secure and will help him through these times quickly

Breastfed Lottie for nearly two years and Livi for 13 months.

Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

http://breastbuddies.nice-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:40 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top