Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Another question

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Another question

Post by rhi'smummy on Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:55 pm

I've noticed in the last couple of weeks that my milk supply has gone down. If I try to express any by hand, which I've never been good at, but always managed some quite quickly, now it takes a fair while to get even a drop. Rhianna's feeding has changed too, she still feeds regularly, but not for as long. Or once she's had a bit, she stops the rhythmic sucking, and just holds my nipple in her mouth for comfort.
I'm just wondering, if my milk did dry up, but Rhianna carried on comfort sucking, would it do my nipples any damage? I know its unlikely, but what do you think?
rhi'smummy

Female Number of posts : 511
Tell us about yourself : Mum to milk monster Rhianna
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 9
Registration date : 2007-08-23

Back to top Go down

default Re: Another question

Post by angpixi on Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:41 pm

its doubtful your milk will dry up if Rhianna is still feeding/sucking and i dont think your nipples would be damaged. (its not definate on those two points, maybe another of the girls will know for sure) it could be that its just your body adjusting to Rhiannas feeding pattern not supply dropping?
i will say though that when i was feeding Aeryn while pregnant with Willow her feeding patterns did change as did my milk, with no adverse effects.
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Squiglet on Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:28 pm

I could be that your milk is changing consistency in preparation of your new baby... it probably tastes a bit different and while Rhianna still likes to feed for the comfort and closeness, she's sorta gone off the milk... she'll have a bit but its not the same. Saying that lil miss feeds like this all the time and I'm not pregnant...so hey I could be wrong, either way, its all good if your LO makes the decisions and not you...
Squiglet

Female Number of posts : 901
Tell us about yourself : I'm me...ask me a question...
Your mood today : Confussed
Thanks and Reputation points : 32
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by rhi'smummy on Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:25 pm

Thanks, I know a couple of mums who said their milk dried up completely at about 4 to 5 months pregnant, but it would surprise me if mine did seeing how much Rhianna likes to suck. That makes sense about the taste changing and her not liking it.
I just noticed last night and comented to Chris, for the last week Rhianna has asked for a cup of daddy's milk, (milk from the fridge) when she's settling down for the evening, which she's never done before.
Just have to see how it goes I think.
Cheers
rhi'smummy

Female Number of posts : 511
Tell us about yourself : Mum to milk monster Rhianna
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 9
Registration date : 2007-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha on Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:52 pm

Yeah just go with the flow hun, it wont cause any damage x

Breastfed Lottie for nearly two years and Livi for 13 months.
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

http://breastbuddies.nice-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top