Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Had to happen!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Had to happen!

Post by sunnysarah on Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:36 pm

Well i`ve finally had the " you should stop bf now as Penny doesn`t need it anymore". Fortunatly it wasn`t to my face. My mum said to my hubby that i do`nt need to do it anymore as Penny is over one & doesn`t need it now. Even if i wanted to WHICH I DON`T how could i explain to her when she`s pulling at my top for milkies that because she`s turned one now she`s not to have it. I really wish people would mind there own, what has it really got to do with them!. Mum`s never been into :boob: but it would`ve been nice to get a well done.
sunnysarah

Female Number of posts : 85
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

default Re: Had to happen!

Post by gingerpig on Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:33 am

Ah well when you're being criticised by medical academics who know more than the WHO who recommend BF up till 2 years I think you should take their advice very seriously indeed Wink Not being sarky about your mum who I'm sure is lovely, just as a general rule of thumb thing Very Happy You're right there.s no way you could or even should explain to Penny! My mum didn't bf me and says the odd undermining comment, but I figure Deborah and Michael's comments are far more important in that instance Cool

gingerpig

Female Number of posts : 38
Tell us about yourself : I'm 38 and a SAHM. My daughter was born 10th Feb 2007 and my son born 28th Jan 2009. I am tandem feeding them and am a breast feedinghelper with the BfN. I had big problems feeding DD at first, but now it couldn't be going better Smile
Your mood today : Content
Thanks and Reputation points : 9
Registration date : 2009-05-05

http://gingerpiggy.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jools on Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:53 am

Evil or Very Mad
Things like that really annoy me! I would ask her where she got that information from!
jools

Female Number of posts : 2601
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 12
Registration date : 2007-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by kay on Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:34 am

Awww, we all get it sooner or later :aww:
I think because i said my goal was 12 months with Corey, people automatically assumed i would just STOP at 12 months, which is not the case! I want to and he wants to (him probably more than me now lol!).
The person i get the most negativity from is a woman i dont know behind the till in our village shop scratch WTF is got to do with her i have no idea! I go in and she always comments what a happy jolly BIG boy he is, and then always finishes the conversation with " You're not STILL feeding him are you?"
I always smile and say "Yes, and he is a happy jolly big boy for it?!" Laughing

kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by angpixi on Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:17 am

" You're not STILL feeding him are you?" What? you FEED your child???? lol!
i had all the comments when i bf aeryn, now im getting them again with willow! just makes me laugh now cant be bothered listening Rolling Eyes
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top