Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Introducing myself

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Announcement Introducing myself

Post by makaio09 on Sat May 16, 2009 8:41 am

Hello everyone.
I'm a nervous newbie. My name is Alicia and I have 3 wonderful children all under the age of 5. I've had a rocky time in the world of breastfeeding since my first child was born in 2005. I was determined all the way through my first pregnancy that I was going to breastfeed my daughter, sadly when she was born, she was only 4lb13oz at full term. So the midwife whipped her straight off me, I had no opportunity to let her latch her self on to my breast. I told them I wanted to breastfeed and they said "well we will have to see, she is a little underweight and has no fat stores!" then she upset me more by saying which formula do you want her to have while she is in speacial care! At that point I gave up on the idea that i'd breastfeed and asumed the midwife knew best....I now know she didn't. In 2006 when my first son was born he was a good weight and took to the breast straight away, but I had problems with positioning and every time he latched on it was toe curlingly painful! after 3 weeks of pain, no support and the baby blues I gave up but always felt guilty, espeacially when I came out of feeling so down. I really wanted to try feeding him myself again when he was 4 months old, but I was told I couldn't because my milk had "probably" dried up. Now I have a gorgeous 6 week old baby boy who I've been exclusively feeding since he was born, I got myself in touch with a breastfeeding peer councellor before he was born, she taught me how to position him, it was the first time I had heard anyone say "tummy to mummy, nose to nipple" if I'd have had that piece of info back in 2006 I may never have given up trying! I had slightly sore nipples for the first couple of weeks because I was holding him to far around, but now all is going great and I'm loving it. I know that without the support from people that have successfully breastfed then breastfeeding would be harder, so I'm looking for all the support I can get so that I can be successful in feeding Makaio.

I look forward to getting to know you all, and asking whatever wierd and wonderful questions I may have, because I usually have loads of questions lol. I feel sorry for my peer councellor.

Alicia.

makaio09

Female Number of posts : 2
Tell us about yourself : mummy to 2 boys and 1 girl and step mum to 1 boy.
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2009-05-15

Back to top Go down

Announcement Re: Introducing myself

Post by kay on Sat May 16, 2009 10:09 am

Wow - was almost reading my own story there!!

👋 hello, and welcome to the forum! :aww:

I too have 3 children, eldest is 5, and i was unsuccessful feeding the first 2 down to lack of knowledge and incompetent midwives and health visitor! Like you, i have been 3rd time lucky - armed with knowledge and determination, and we are still going strong at 15 months! (my aim was to get past 3 days which is all i managed last 2 times!!)

we are here for any questions, no matter how trivial they may seem, we are a lovely bunch who support each other in all aspects - i have made some great friends on here! Very Happy

Look forward to getting to know you!

kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by ldnug on Sat May 16, 2009 11:19 am

Hello and welcome - well done for you perseverance and Kay is the perfect example that even if you are unsuccessful the first couple of times, with the right support you can have a great BF experience xx

As far as questions are concerned there is nothing weird about any questions we have here - if you need an answer you will probably find it here :aww:
ldnug

Female Number of posts : 1481
Tell us about yourself : Lisa mum to Connor almost 5 and Emily 2 years and 3 months
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 9
Registration date : 2007-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by angpixi on Sat May 16, 2009 2:20 pm

👋 hello and welcome :aww: im currently bf no5 but i still come on here for support and to ask questions so dont feel alone there! look forward to getting to know you Very Happy
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel on Sat May 16, 2009 2:45 pm

welcome Nice to meet you!!
Rachel

Female Number of posts : 50
Tell us about yourself : Mum of two, Oli 4 yrs ( breastfed for 18 months) and Evie 16 months old and still going strong.
Primary teacher and married to a secondary teacher and a wonderful hubby who completely supports me in breastfeeding.
Thanks and Reputation points : 8
Registration date : 2009-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha on Sat May 16, 2009 4:10 pm

:aww: Welcome!!

We are here so any questions fire away!

Breastfed Lottie for nearly two years and Livi for 13 months.
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

http://breastbuddies.nice-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by emmiesmummy on Sat May 16, 2009 4:26 pm

Hi & welcome, just like Kay i am on my 3rd child and yet i failed to get past a few weeks with my first two, yet here i am still breastfeeding Emily at nearly 17months. I firmly believe all we need is advice& support to achive our goal. Please do ask questions ,as Ang pointed out shes on her 5th but still sometimes needs reassurance & advice,so ask away.
Look forawrd to getting to know you better

Jane
emmiesmummy

Female Number of posts : 1131
Tell us about yourself : Mum to Tara (22) James (8 ) &baby Emily whos 2
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 27
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by makaio09 on Sun May 17, 2009 5:36 am

Thankyou for all your warm welcomes. x

makaio09

Female Number of posts : 2
Tell us about yourself : mummy to 2 boys and 1 girl and step mum to 1 boy.
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2009-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top