Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Still not sleeping through!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Still not sleeping through!

Post by sunnysarah on Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:46 am

Penny is now 10 months & still wakes 2/3 times a night. I`m finding this really hard as i`m so tired. She eats well during the day but probaly only has 2 maybe 3 bf. Iv`e tried giving her ready brek before bed hopeing that will fill her up but hasn`t made any difference. Hubby wants me to give her some formula at bedtime but i`ve refused to do this. So he then says if i won`t try something different stop moaning Rolling Eyes .
Anyone got any ideas as to how i can get her to sleep longer?
sunnysarah

Female Number of posts : 85
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

default Re: Still not sleeping through!

Post by emmiesmummy on Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:12 am

scratch no ideas im afraid as Emily is nearly 16months old & still does this....... sorry but i think for some of them they will just be like this till they are ready to sleep through themselves. Its a case of getting used to it & going to bed early yourself so you get more sleep......... I know thats not what you wanted to hear but maybe someone else will have some ideas that will help us both
emmiesmummy

Female Number of posts : 1131
Tell us about yourself : Mum to Tara (22) James (8 ) &baby Emily whos 2
Thanks and Reputation points : 27
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Drusilla on Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:26 pm

same here... my ds doesn't sleep through either!!

Drusilla

Female Number of posts : 244
Tell us about yourself : People who have kids by more than 3 different men are SLAGS. They don't give a shit about the welfare of their children, otherwise they would be keeping their bloody legs shut and creating a STABLE environment for their kids, either in a stable relationship or as a single mother - because single mothers are perfectly capable of being fantastic parents. If you want to sleep around use some fucking contraception until you are sure your partner is in it for the long haul, it is not fucking difficult. Kids need stability - they don't need a succession of men coming in and out of their life.
Your mood today : Content
Thanks and Reputation points : 8
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by angpixi on Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:05 pm

sorry, no advice, Willow 18 mths and still wakes up for feed at least twice. dont think formula will make that much difference to be honest either, my friends little boy who is just over 10 mths wakes up 3 or 4 time for a feed n she has to go through all the hastle of bottles in the night cos she stopped bf when he was about 6mths. Aeryn was just over 2 when she slept through, another friends girl who is similar age to aeryn (3+) still wakes up at least 3 times a week. my older kids were all different too, the oldest was awake most of the night when he was small, the second was a great sleeper till she was about 4 then she found every excuse under the sun not to! the third was consistent she woke twice a night until she was 2! hope you find a solution but i think some kids wake up and some dont and theres not much you can do to influence it! just in my experience though, there might be someone who has advice to help out :aww: hope i dint ramble on too much Laughing
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Squiglet on Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:17 am

At 10 months, frequent night waking has nothing to do with hunger. Its more to do with development. Even mothers who have formula fed from day one often find that between 7 to 12 months their babies stop sleeping through the night. I dunno what it is, maybe there is just too much to do to waste time sleeping. What I did notice is that their cognitive abilities suddenly take a step up, they stop being little babies and start developing personality. They start becoming aware. Don't bother with formula, another 2 months you can use cows milk. Formula is just so expensive. It does get better though. :aww:
Squiglet

Female Number of posts : 901
Tell us about yourself : I'm me...ask me a question...
Your mood today : Confussed
Thanks and Reputation points : 32
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by sunnysarah on Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:48 pm

She has never slept through so i guess in way thats better, i least i hadn`t got used to her sleeping for it to all suddenly change. She is definatly more active :babroll: . Crawling, pulling up, standing, talking, playing etc. You`d think she`d be pooped!!!!

I think iv`e just accepted it now & at least she`s getting more milk in than if she didn`t wake ( I will find some postives to night waking lol!!!)
sunnysarah

Back to top Go down

Post by metalgreymon on Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:09 pm

Llando is nearly 2 and a half and still wakes at least once a night for a feed.
metalgreymon

Female Number of posts : 113
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 5 children. all breastfed for varying lenghs of time. Llando has fed the longest.
Registration date : 2008-03-09

http://www.planetllando.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Drusilla on Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:22 am

metalgreymon wrote:Llando is nearly 2 and a half and still wakes at least once a night for a feed.

Shocked Shocked

I think I'm going to lose the will to live....

Drusilla

Female Number of posts : 244
Tell us about yourself : People who have kids by more than 3 different men are SLAGS. They don't give a shit about the welfare of their children, otherwise they would be keeping their bloody legs shut and creating a STABLE environment for their kids, either in a stable relationship or as a single mother - because single mothers are perfectly capable of being fantastic parents. If you want to sleep around use some fucking contraception until you are sure your partner is in it for the long haul, it is not fucking difficult. Kids need stability - they don't need a succession of men coming in and out of their life.
Your mood today : Content
Thanks and Reputation points : 8
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by sunnysarah on Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:24 pm

I know lol, my heart sank when i read that!!!
sunnysarah

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top