Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Sooooo demanding

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Sooooo demanding

Post by gem1981 on Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:34 am

Hi ladies

Sorry I've been quiet lately, I have been trying to keep up with everything though and popping on when I can.

Daisy is 1 in 2 and a half weeks (can't belive it :tear: ) Her growth spurts up until now have never been too much of a problem, I've noticed a slight increase, but it hasn't been too bad. But her feeding now is more than ever! She won't leave my boobs alone! She is always tugging at my top trying to get them out, which can be slightly embarrasing lol. I can't have a bath lately without having to feed her over the side of the bath because she points to them and screams, and when I give it to her, she literally has 2 or 3 sucks and she's off, so its not always for actual feeding, I think she just likes to know they are there. They have become her comfort blanket. I'm not sure if it is a growth spurt, or just her knowing what she wants and being able to express it more now.

Anyway, I just thought I'd update you with our current situation lol!

I'll try to be on more girls, have missed you xxxxx

gem1981

Female Number of posts : 1459
Your mood today : Content
Thanks and Reputation points : 1
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

default Re: Sooooo demanding

Post by angpixi on Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:59 am

hi gem you have been missed! willow can be like that at times, there are days when i dont sit down cos i know she will be on there- at least until some thing catches her attention! but other days when shes punctual every 'feed time'
sounds like Daisy is getting used to the idea that she can ask for them now and liking it! :boob:
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha on Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:40 am

:aww: Agree with Ang

And its nice to see you again! flower

Breastfed Lottie for nearly two years and Livi for 13 months.
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

http://breastbuddies.nice-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Squiglet on Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:56 am

gem1981 wrote:. But her feeding now is more than ever! She won't leave my boobs alone! She is always tugging at my top trying to get them out, which can be slightly embarrasing lol. I can't have a bath lately without having to feed her over the side of the bath because she points to them and screams, and when I give it to her, she literally has 2 or 3 sucks and she's off, so its not always for actual feeding, I think she just likes to know they are there. They have become her comfort blanket. I'm not sure if it is a growth spurt, or just her knowing what she wants and being able to express it more now.

I could have written that myself... This smilie really sums things up nowadays.. :blyby1:
Squiglet

Female Number of posts : 901
Tell us about yourself : I'm me...ask me a question...
Your mood today : Confussed
Thanks and Reputation points : 32
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by emmiesmummy on Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:25 am

Emily does this Gem & she still demand feeds all day & night with occasional interest in solid food. I guess they just love the :boob: & now they can literally help themselves they like to pitstop to reaffirm this.
emmiesmummy

Female Number of posts : 1131
Tell us about yourself : Mum to Tara (22) James (8 ) &baby Emily whos 2
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 27
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by kay on Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:48 pm

Nice to see you back hunny :aww:

And yup- exactly the same here. He shouts, lifts top up - and i too was hanging out the bath with my boob flopped over the side the other night!
I think it is more of a comfort thing at this age - and asserting their rights! Corey also muscles in if any of the others are giving me a cuddle!
And it is out of sight out of mind, cos if im not about he is fine, and as soon as enter the room he starts! Rolling Eyes

kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by jools on Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:52 pm

Lovely to see you back :aww: :aww:
jools

Female Number of posts : 2601
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 12
Registration date : 2007-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by gem1981 on Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:07 pm

Thanks girls, yes Kay, Daisy is also 'out of sight, out of mind'. It's not really a problem, but nice to see others are going through the same. I'm still really enjoying breastfeeding though and can't stand the thought of her stopping :iconsad:

Thank you ladies :group hug:

gem1981

Female Number of posts : 1459
Your mood today : Content
Thanks and Reputation points : 1
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top