Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Just wanted to share...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Just wanted to share...

Post by crazymummy on Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:42 pm

Sorry if this sounds really silly, and it's probably all been said before, but I really wanted to share.
Earlier today, I came on here briefly to check if there was any new replies. My daughter was in the room when I was on the front page with all the breastfeeding picture on. I just thought she was going to laugh at all the boobies, lol. But she looked and started saying how cute all the babies were and telling me the cutest one. It was a really nice seeing that she didn't even notice anything about boobs, just looking at the babies. The way it should be. Obvious she sees me BF all the time so I shouldn't expect any different.
It just got me because I as a child I grew up always associating babies and feeding with bottles. You see adverts for milk, programs and films mother always feeds baby with bottle. I vaguely remember learning of breastfeeding for the first time by my mum when I was a teenager, about 13, and I'd never heard of it before. How bad is that. My mum said she didn't BF me because she was scared I would bite. So much for support. I know support is better now, but it's sad that most kids probably still grow up thinking bottles are the way babies should be fed.
It's nice to know that I'm making a difference, even if it is only to 1 little person, but it is the most important one of all.

Jade xx
crazymummy

Female Number of posts : 76
Tell us about yourself : I've got 2 gorgeous girls and I love being a breastfeeding mum.
Your mood today : Wary
Thanks and Reputation points : 2
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

default Re: Just wanted to share...

Post by donna4 on Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:52 am

:aww:
donna4

Female Number of posts : 921
Tell us about yourself : Hi im Donna i have 5 children jamie 10, kiera 6, emilie 5, blake 4, and zachary 15 months, they mean the world to me :O)
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 5
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by jools on Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:25 am

That's lovely :aww: :aww:
jools

Female Number of posts : 2601
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 12
Registration date : 2007-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Mervs Mum on Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:29 pm

Thats lovely. I have already decided that as and when Hebe starts to play with dolls, I am going to specifically avoid bottles for them. I want to have her make the association of BFing babies as the only option to feed them from the very start. So I'll be BFing her dolls and getting her to do the same when she plays with them! I've seen pics of little girls BFing their dolls and it's ace!!
Mervs Mum

Female Number of posts : 221
Tell us about yourself : Lisa, Mummy to Emily, 14 & Hebe: My Little Pickle...x
Your mood today : Content
Thanks and Reputation points : -1
Registration date : 2009-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by kay on Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:10 pm

Thats great Jade! Very Happy

my boys see it as the 'normal' thing to do, and often ask (rather loudly) when we are out and about, why other babies are having their booby milk out of a bottle! (nice to think they think its all booby milk and not a substitute tho!)

kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by ldnug on Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:39 pm

Connor also loves looking at the babies and he thinks that all babies have booby milk because that is what he had and Emily had. He was quite confused when one of Emilys xmas pressies had a baby with a bottle, he said why does that baby need a bottle - she needs boobies!!

It is ace! cheers
ldnug

Female Number of posts : 1481
Tell us about yourself : Lisa mum to Connor almost 5 and Emily 2 years and 3 months
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 9
Registration date : 2007-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by piesmummy2006 on Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:17 pm

:aww: :aww:
piesmummy2006

Female Number of posts : 2089
Tell us about yourself : i would say i am a yummy mummy to Niamh nearly 2 (who i am still breast feeding), and a childrens student nurse!!!!!
Your mood today : Naughty
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2007-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha on Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:44 am

:aww: Lovely

Yes just like you I was brought up around bottle feeding, if it wasn't for my OHs mum I would have never considerd it, which I think is quite sad!

Breastfed Lottie for nearly two years and Livi for 13 months.
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

http://breastbuddies.nice-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Drusilla on Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:04 am

It is sad how prevalent bottle feeding is in our culture.

But it is not surprising when you consider that "according to claims made in trade journals it seems likely that 12 million pounds is spent annually on commercial promotion of baby milks which is equivalent to 17 for each baby in the UK... In stark contrast, the UK government spends approximately 70,000 each year promoting breastfeeding, which is equivalent to 10p per baby"
(source ABM Information pack, 3rd ed)

It is totally insidious - how often do you see breastfeeding or hear references to it in mainstream media? And often when you do it is couched in controversy Mad For example, the Little Britain "Bitty" sketch, the Casualty episode which showed a struggling new mum persuaded to bottle feed by her HCP mother.

But by breastfeeding our babies we are helping to buck the trend. I believe breastfeeding needs to be promoted at all levels especially during school education - books showing breastfeeding for infants/juniors and proper time spent on the biology of breastfeeding at senior and college ages.

And we also need more people like Nell McAndrew! She rocks!

Drusilla

Female Number of posts : 244
Tell us about yourself : People who have kids by more than 3 different men are SLAGS. They don't give a shit about the welfare of their children, otherwise they would be keeping their bloody legs shut and creating a STABLE environment for their kids, either in a stable relationship or as a single mother - because single mothers are perfectly capable of being fantastic parents. If you want to sleep around use some fucking contraception until you are sure your partner is in it for the long haul, it is not fucking difficult. Kids need stability - they don't need a succession of men coming in and out of their life.
Your mood today : Content
Thanks and Reputation points : 8
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha on Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:48 am

I agree.

Each time I mention breastfeeding anywhere I go, people are more aware.

The government wont do it, so we will have too!

Breastfed Lottie for nearly two years and Livi for 13 months.
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

http://breastbuddies.nice-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top