Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

How much milk/food?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

topic 10 How much milk/food?

Post by rhi'smummy on Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:24 pm

Hi, Rhianna is getting towards being in this catagory and still has loads of milk, so I've been wondering how many other's are still feeding at 2 years plus, or really how many are still milk monsters :boob: at 2? Rhi's never been a good eater, but still eats hardley anything compaired to other toddlers her age, (although I know a couple of others who dont eat much, and their mums worry far more than me, because at least I know Rhianna gets everything she needs from her milk guzzling). I know her milk consumption probably doesn't affect her solids, but I still wonder if maybe I should restrict her feeds from me to see if she would eat more solids. Then again she still doesn't eat much more on the 2 days I'm at work so away from me. scratch
rhi'smummy

Female Number of posts : 511
Tell us about yourself : Mum to milk monster Rhianna
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 9
Registration date : 2007-08-23

Back to top Go down

topic 10 Re: How much milk/food?

Post by angpixi on Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:29 pm

when aeryn was that age she was a little and often feeder too, (she still is!) like you i didnt worry much because she was still bf quite regularly too, i think though im not an expert, kids eating patterns vary from child to child and also at different age groups, so as long as youre happy with her development and growth just keep as you are? hth :aww:
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by metalgreymon on Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:13 am

Llando is almost 2 and still loves his mummy milk. He feeds a lot first thing in the morning , then about 10 ish , lunchtime and then to go to sleep at 2 ish (depending on school run).
He feeds after tea ( which he usually doesn't eat) , on and off then til he falls asleep between 8 and 9.30
He still wakes for milk 3-4 times in the night.
He's not too bad with his eating during the day, but rarely eats in the evening.(prob why he wakes up at night Rolling Eyes )
Like you say they are getting all they need from :boob:
:aww:
metalgreymon

Female Number of posts : 113
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 5 children. all breastfed for varying lenghs of time. Llando has fed the longest.
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2008-03-09

http://www.planetllando.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by rhi'smummy on Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:06 am

Good, glad we're not alone. Can I ask has Aeryns eating got better as she's got older? I dont mean better, as there was nothing wrong, but does she eat more now?
Ooh Llando is very nearly 2 now, I dont want Rhianna to get to 2, then I really cant call her my baby anymore!
rhi'smummy

Back to top Go down

Post by angpixi on Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:36 am

Aeryn still eats in smallportions- little and often! the trick is to feed her when we have meals but also make her her own meals inbetween! i think her nature makes her easily distracted, as well as being little she fills easily but burns it off quickly! she does eat larger portions as she gets older and is quite willing to try new things too, hth :aww:
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by rhi'smummy on Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:19 pm

Sounds the perfect balence, I'll be happy if Rhianna is the same.
rhi'smummy

Back to top Go down

Post by piesmummy2006 on Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:06 pm

niamh still has a big boobie feed in the morning and night and little and often in the day if she is not at day nursery or am on placement, she eats quite well she is not a big eater just little and often too she still loves finger foods ie carrot salad bread sticks fruit ect Laughing her meals are maybe not as big as some 2yr olds but i would say she is a good eater. xxx
piesmummy2006

Female Number of posts : 2089
Tell us about yourself : i would say i am a yummy mummy to Niamh nearly 2 (who i am still breast feeding), and a childrens student nurse!!!!!
Your mood today : Naughty
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2007-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top