Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Question Regarding breast implants

View previous topic View next topic Go down

topic 6 Question Regarding breast implants

Post by KJ on Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:33 pm

Hi all, 👋

i've took the plunge to post, only because u all seem so nice!
I feel rather silly asking, but would love your views...

I'm not bfing, i'm just about to start tcc number 1. But my question is related to bfing, and i'm really hoping u guys may beable to help??

Ok, i admit it... I have breast implants! (not good i know Embarassed )
I'm 28 now, and had them in when I was 22! Yep, u guessed it at 22 babies weren't really high on the agenda (oh how things change!)

Anway, the situation. I had the operation done by a very good surgeon at a local bupa hospital. I have spoken to him, in relation to the possibility of bfing (which i would LOVE to do). He advised that it wouldn't be an issue due to the implants, but he thought i may struggle to as I was classed as being under developed (was AA at a push, now a B with) ...

The surgery I had, was silicon implants (smallest they did, I went from AA to a B) under the muscle, inserted under the crease line. My nipples weren't touched. So on the plus side, the implants are no where near the breast tissue, they are behind the breast muscle. I have had no problems to date.

Now the questions...

Should I get hem took out before getting pregnant to enable me to safely bf? I really wouldn't want to put a baby at risk. & I wouldn't really want to feed formula

Bite the bullet, I was a total tit (forgive the pun) when i was younger. Accept the formula route :tear: as i could always be putting a baby at risk even if they where out?

Believe the surgeon, that it's ok to bf with my type of implant. & bf with implants in. But potentially fail before i've started as I'm "under developed" ???

And what if I spend thousands having them removed (also have to stop tcc) and the I can't bf anyway if surgeon is right about being under developed! ?

Oh my head hurts thinking about it!! Its a good job my OH is so patient (had them in before we got together).

Any suggestions, comments or experiences would be REALLY appreciated :aww:

Thanks xx

Ps - sorry for it being so long & ramblin xx

pps- sorry if i have posted this in the wrong place?!

KJ

Female Number of posts : 2
Tell us about yourself : TCC
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Back to top Go down

topic 6 Re: Question Regarding breast implants

Post by emmiesmummy on Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:59 pm

Firstly hello & :wlp: to the forum. And good on you getting advice so early on, best way to succeed is to have lots of info before you start. Im no expert & dont know about implants much but i know when i had Em the girl in the bed next to me asked if she could try & :boob: baby & said she had implants & the nurses/midwifes told her there was no reason why she couldnt & so she gve it ago I obviously dont know how she got on after she left but the staff didnt feel it would not be possible.
Im sure someone else will be able to give you some more expert advice.
emmiesmummy

Female Number of posts : 1131
Tell us about yourself : Mum to Tara (22) James (8 ) &baby Emily whos 2
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 27
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by emmiesmummy on Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:00 pm

Also just to add you can breastfed with ANY size boob no matter how big or how small !!!!
emmiesmummy

Female Number of posts : 1131
Tell us about yourself : Mum to Tara (22) James (8 ) &baby Emily whos 2
Thanks and Reputation points : 27
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by gem1981 on Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:32 am

welcome to the forum! Well done you for seeking advice so early.

Embarassed I have breast implants Embarassed I had them done in October 2006 and had my daughter in April 2008 and she is breastfed. The implants go in the crease under your breast and therefore don't affect the milk ducts.
And you can breastfeed no matter the size of your breasts.
HTH :aww:

gem1981

Female Number of posts : 1459
Your mood today : Content
Thanks and Reputation points : 1
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha on Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:33 am

I was a small A cup when I got pregnant with my daughter (without breast implants) and I had no problems breastfeeding my daughter for 13 months Very Happy

During pregnancy breast tissue increases and you milk ducts start working. There will be no problem whatso ever, even with breast implants.

You wont need to have them removed at all.

I think its wonderful you are so keen on breastfeeding and I wish you all the best with ttc!

:aww:

Breastfed Lottie for nearly two years and Livi for 13 months.
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

http://breastbuddies.nice-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by angpixi on Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:52 am

i looked into getting implants as ive usually got v small boobs well im inbetween an a and b (AA when ive lost baby weight and not bf!) the surgeon told me there was no reason why i couldnt bf if i had them done (i didnt go ahead eventually)
any how even if you do have them out, it doesnt matter the size you are to bf big or small they produce milk! like i said i was small ive gone on to fed 5 sucessfully!
i hope this helps! welcome to the forum, hope you decide to stay! let us know how it goes- what you decide etc, :aww: :aww:
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by beanie on Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:23 am

don't be ashamed you have had implants, if I had the money I would have done the same
beanie

Female Number of posts : 136
Tell us about yourself : About you:Mummy to a blue eyed Star and a brown eyed Cuddlebug
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by clairelana on Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:09 am

beanie wrote:don't be ashamed you have had implants, if I had the money I would have done the same

Was thinking that myself lol!

Your doing the right thing by looking in to :boob:
I'm no expert but as the others have siad you shouldn't have any problems. I know people who are :boob: still and they only have very small breasts.

I feel i've succeeded by going to my local :boob: group and using this forum. I also did lots of reading whilst pregnant about all the things that can happen when :boob: so i was prepared for anything.

Good luck with ttc flower

Oh and :wlp:
clairelana

Female Number of posts : 618
Tell us about yourself : About you: I'm 27 married for 2 years and have two littles angels. Lana 2 years and Kaydi 7 months.
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by jools on Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:59 pm

beanie wrote:don't be ashamed you have had implants, if I had the money I would have done the same

Me too!

The implants won't affect anything KJ :aww:. Welcome to the forum cheers :aww:
jools

Female Number of posts : 2601
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Thanks and Reputation points : 12
Registration date : 2007-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 on Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:28 pm

:aww: welcome! girls have already answered queston Wink
Kasia80

Female Number of posts : 4575
Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"
Thanks and Reputation points : 20
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by piesmummy2006 on Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:27 pm

Kasia80 wrote::aww: welcome! girls have already answered queston Wink

yeps i was gonna say that!

welcome to forum! xx
piesmummy2006

Female Number of posts : 2089
Tell us about yourself : i would say i am a yummy mummy to Niamh nearly 2 (who i am still breast feeding), and a childrens student nurse!!!!!
Your mood today : Naughty
Registration date : 2007-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by KJ on Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:34 pm

Firstly I have to say a HUGE thanks to everyone :aww: for the advise & the warm welcome! & a special thanks to Gem :aww: :aww: hearing your story was just what I needed.

I only started feeling bad about the implants when we started to tcc. I just want (like all of you) to give any child the best start in life, & if I couldn't bf cause of the implants I would have felt terrible. But you guys have helped loads Very Happy

So my decision....... I'm going to leave um in! I had also spoken to my GP & he'd said it was no worse than having say a false hip or knee. As the implants don't interfere with anything that matters. And you guys have really helped LOADS! As you can tell, i'm probably a bit of a worrier but I just want to do my best. But have to say I didn't really want to have them out as it would have meant stopping tcc, & probably waiting a least 12months to recover fully. (I don't want to wait any longer, DH & I had been waiting long enough for me to finish my degree)
As for the "underdeveloped" I was skinny when I had them in, size 6 (not through dieting just far too much sport), but now i'm a size10 (yep I go lazier with age) and there is defiantly more breast tissue now. And i'm bloody minded & no quitter Evil or Very Mad lol, & know I can do it (esp after reading your stories).

Is it ok with you lovely ladies if keep coming back?, as I'm hoping (fingers crossed) that I'll be needing you all in the next 12months or so to help me with :boob: ! In the meantime i'll just read un learn Very Happy

Thanks again to everyone,

Kelly xxx

KJ

Female Number of posts : 2
Tell us about yourself : TCC
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Back to top Go down

Post by gem1981 on Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:40 pm

:aww: Kelly, you sound very determined!!
It'll be great to have you around. :aww:

gem1981

Female Number of posts : 1459
Thanks and Reputation points : 1
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha on Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:49 pm

Absolutlty!!! this forum is here for support in Breastfeeding, and questions you have at all, we are here!

Oh I hope you catch your eggy soon!!! bliss

Also I agree with beanie! don't feel ashamed, id love to have mine done!

Breastfed Lottie for nearly two years and Livi for 13 months.
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

http://breastbuddies.nice-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kay on Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:53 pm

👋 Kelly! Welcome to the forum!

cant add any more other than re-iterating that size really doesnt matter (im the other end of the scale lol!)
And as for things in the past, we've all got a few skeletons there! As long as you are leading a relatively healthy and positive lifestyle now, you'll be fine hunny :aww:

Look forward to sharing your journey with you!

kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by jools on Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:26 pm

Definately stick around! Reading everything will definately help when the time comes:cheers:

Good luck TTC cheers cheers :aww:
jools

Female Number of posts : 2601
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Thanks and Reputation points : 12
Registration date : 2007-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down