Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Struggling to get motivated

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Struggling to get motivated

Post by gem1981 on Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:18 am

As you know I've started this NCT counsellor course, but I'm finding it really hard to get motivated to do anything! There's no point trying in the day when the kids are up because I can't concentrate on it, so that leaves the evenings, but by the time I've put the kids to bed I really can't be bothered to do anything.
I have nearly finished one of the first essays but my tutor said to send it to her to have a look at and replied with some helpful points, and pointed out that I need to insert 5 references! Since then I haven't done anything on it as I'm not really sure how to insert 5 references when I'm talking about myself.
Also, I've never studied anything to this level. I left school after doing my GCSE's at 16 and went into accounting, I studied the foundation level of that, and that's the highest I've gone in education. I'm not used to writing at this level.
How can I get motivated? I have the got time now that Daisy goes to bed earlier, it's just I like that time to unwind. And the course looks so hard I keep thinking I'm never going to be able to do it, I think at the back of my mind I know I won't finish it.
Don't know what the point to this thread is, just need to get it out I spose.

gem1981

Female Number of posts : 1459
Your mood today : Content
Thanks and Reputation points : 1
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

default Re: Struggling to get motivated

Post by emmiesmummy on Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:30 am

:aww: Sounds like your a bit down Gem & need a bit of encouragement. Is it worth emailing your tutor asking her advice on the references She might be able to give you some guidence & once you get get going /over the hurdle you will probably feel more motivated again.
emmiesmummy

Female Number of posts : 1131
Tell us about yourself : Mum to Tara (22) James (8 ) &baby Emily whos 2
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 27
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by angpixi on Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:59 am

gem i think you will be a fantastic bfc, but studying is very hard especially when you havent done it for a while AND youre juggling round kids! take it slowly and just set yourself a little time with out over stetching yourself you will probably find it easier if you set time limits, as for the references its just maybe a quote out of a book or a site on the net where youi got your info- you can relate it to yourself
e.g 'i have always thought breastfeeding gives the best start in life as it states on the NHS website'

at the end of your essay you can write all of the places you get your info from e.g kelly mom, here!

hope this helps and i dont sound patronising- dave says sometimes if im explaining something i sound like im talking to my kids but i cant help it its just my way to get things accross, i guess its just how my mind works Embarassed

anyway i really hope you can keep it up and not get demoralised we need more people like you doing this training! :aww:
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 on Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:08 pm

oh Gem, I am glad you've posted that: at least I know I'm not alone lol
I'm struggling with my training with ABM too, have no motivation whatsoever too. I do start answering questions from mudule and then somehow I always end up on facebook or here or on msn, its sooo hard esp cos I use online resources lol
I agree with girls re:references, kellymom, BfN website and similar would be great.
I hope Santa will bring both us some motivation for Xmas Wink :aww:
Kasia80

Female Number of posts : 4575
Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"
Thanks and Reputation points : 20
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by gem1981 on Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:17 pm

Thanks girls, Ang you dont sound patronising at all, you sound motivating! I have actually finished my essay today (I hope) After posting this morning I decided to take all my books to my brothers house in the hope of getting something done, which I hope I've now done. If anyone fancies a read let me know?! I've emailed it to my tutor to see what she thinks. Thanks again :group hug: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

gem1981

Back to top Go down

Post by gem1981 on Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:49 am

My tutor emailed me back:

This is great! It reads really well, and I would be happy to mark it as it is, but I have put aside some books/leaflets for you which might help if you want to work on it further - it's up to you really.......

I'm really pleased with that. I'll have a look at the info at the next tutorial and decide whether to change it or not. Thanks girls! :aww:

gem1981

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen on Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:14 pm

gem1981 wrote:My tutor emailed me back:

This is great! It reads really well, and I would be happy to mark it as it is, but I have put aside some books/leaflets for you which might help if you want to work on it further - it's up to you really.......

I'm really pleased with that. I'll have a look at the info at the next tutorial and decide whether to change it or not. Thanks girls! :aww:

Gem that is brilliant! Well done you, i'm so pleased for you. I cant even get motivated to do the cleaning at the minute - the house is a mess and i've got a chest infection and feeling sorry for myself Sad

:aww:
Helen

Female Number of posts : 1782
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to Bethany who is 3 years old now and weaned herself off the boob at 2. And my little boy Thomas who has just turned 1. I'm loving breastfeeding all over again Smile
Thanks and Reputation points : 10
Registration date : 2007-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by angpixi on Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:10 pm

cheers thats fantastic gem! pleased yoou got it finished and thats really encouraging feedback from your tutor! well done!
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by jools on Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:39 pm

That's brilliant cheers cheers
jools

Female Number of posts : 2601
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Thanks and Reputation points : 12
Registration date : 2007-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by kay on Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:00 pm

:aww: great reply hun!

kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by piesmummy2006 on Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:46 pm

well done hun your doing to well!!!! xxxx
piesmummy2006

Female Number of posts : 2089
Tell us about yourself : i would say i am a yummy mummy to Niamh nearly 2 (who i am still breast feeding), and a childrens student nurse!!!!!
Your mood today : Naughty
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2007-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top