Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

stupid bounty site

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default stupid bounty site

Post by donna4 on Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:19 am

every no and then i go on that bounty forum even though its so bitchy and people just give out any advice without thinking, any way iv just read about this lady who's bf her 16wk dd and shes started bf every 2hrs in the night and she really tired and wants advice im no expert but i said go with what your baby wants as it could just be a growth spurt?? everyones saying put her on baby food and give her formula etc.... just because they dont bf doesnt mean those who do to take that root cause it makes there life easier so they get more sleep.
sorry for my rant some people just annoy me
Smile
donna4

Female Number of posts : 921
Tell us about yourself : Hi im Donna i have 5 children jamie 10, kiera 6, emilie 5, blake 4, and zachary 15 months, they mean the world to me :O)
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 5
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

default Re: stupid bounty site

Post by jools on Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:27 am

Evil or Very Mad Tell her to ignore them all and come join here cheers
jools

Female Number of posts : 2601
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Thanks and Reputation points : 12
Registration date : 2007-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by salocius on Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:41 am

I stopped going on bounty when there was the huge arguement about weaning and someone put a post on about those using formula are killing thier babies and it got very nasty.

I'd hate to be first time mum asking for some advice and get that response, or read something like that especially if I couldn't :boob: due to medical conditions etc

salocius

Female Number of posts : 98
Your mood today : Upset
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by donna4 on Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:06 am

Iv got 4 lo's so i stand up for myself now.... well actually i did when i had my 1st at 18 because i was young people looked down on me and expect me to let my eldest run riot but iv realised im quite strict with my lo's. there was a massive argument over a woman piercing her dd ears for god sake you carnt do wright for doing wrong on that thing! thats why im so glad someone recommened coming to this site as everyone willing to listen to you and give proper advice
:group hug:
donna4

Tell us about yourself : Hi im Donna i have 5 children jamie 10, kiera 6, emilie 5, blake 4, and zachary 15 months, they mean the world to me :O)

Back to top Go down

Post by salocius on Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:26 am

I had my eldest at 19 and I was expected to fail to bring her up, I wish the stupid hv then could see her now, she a healthy bright 9yr old who's doing really well at school ( yr 7 maths with the scary head teacher).

I'm pretty strict too, ie she's not allowed to roam the streets like some her age, she's in bed by 9pm has no TV in her room and she ain't getting one! Whereas my Sister has 3 kids and they all will probably have asbo orders by the time they're 14yrs. Her eldest who's 10 cut the middle ones hair megga short one morning whilst the parents were still n bed! I don't invite them down to mine as i don't the place recked and i can't trust any of them including sister as i've had things go missing in the past.

I was recommended this site too, so glad i found it.

salocius

Female Number of posts : 98
Your mood today : Upset
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by angpixi on Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:38 am

couldnt agree more, i stopped going on bounty because i felt like i was a minority and was looked down on because of my beliefs, at least on here you can feel respected even if we dont agree (which isnt very often!)
i know what you mean im alot more confident now, i had my first when i was fairly young and was judged, people expect my kids to be tearaways, i suppose it doesnt help how i look and my 'lifestyle choices' but my kids are very respectful and together and fairly well behaved. i also dont let my older girls roam the streets like alot of their friends (11 & 9). i have had comments on how nice it is to see polite kids these days!
sorry for going on but it is one of my pet hates, people seem to look at me and my situation and expect me to be a junkie and my kids unkempt and my teen on drugs etc!
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by donna4 on Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:44 am

:pml: at the asbos.
one of my friends kids are like that there rude to so i only let my friend round when kids at school my df doesnt like her or kids either. i know how you feel its your way of bringing up your lo's and even though mine are not always angels at home at least i can take mine out to dinner or someones house and they will be polite and behave they dernt not be cause my df even stricter lol.
Its like when my 2 eldest go to their dads on a saturday they come back with attitude and they hate us for the next day or so cause we dont let them get away with murder or talk to us how they would at his and partners house.... she is a bit rough though and never smiles lol
Ang its a shame people are like this it doesnt matter if your 16 or 46 you can make a great or terrible mum it doesnt go on age!! i would not change the age i had my lo's even if i do have one more lo when blakes 4 and going to school im still young enough to get a carear and work till im 65 !!!
donna4

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha on Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:17 am

I agree with Jools invite her on here!

But going back to what you said, it does sound very much liek a growth spurt and I think its a shame that people who are not breastfeeding are advising her to stop and ruin her breastfeeding relationship because they have no knowledge or no nothing at all of what they are going on about.

Poor woman

Breastfed Lottie for nearly two years and Livi for 13 months.
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

http://breastbuddies.nice-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by donna4 on Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:10 am

im off to find her on bounty site :scared: (i know that means scared but it got new meaning now lol)
donna4

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha on Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:44 am

Razz use it as you wish

Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)

Back to top Go down

Post by donna4 on Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:08 pm

Iv pm'ed the ladie iv told her about the site so if we get a newbie it might be her! cheers
donna4

Back to top Go down

Post by kay on Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:10 pm

cheers

ive never liked Bounty - too big and impersonal, and always felt like a minority on there!

kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by donna4 on Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:28 pm

shes joining and her names Dawn! shes not getting the suport she needs and hv usless by the sound of it Crying or Very sad
donna4

Back to top Go down

Post by donna4 on Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:32 pm

oh yeah forgot to say, thats so wright kay bout bounty thing is as its popular everyone goes there as they dont know about any where else to get the suport which is such a shame. but yes this site more personal which is great .... sorry i wont invite anyone else lol Very Happy
donna4

Back to top Go down

Post by kay on Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:39 pm

invite as many as you can! the more the merrier!
There is just more control over the advise given here - its closely moderated, and we know what we're on about! Wink

kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by mcdiarmid356 on Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:17 pm

Ive found this post. Im who your talking about, lol. Im dawn, mum to Abi(bf) 17 weeks and finlay(ff) nearly 4.
I joined here awhile ago but gave up as it always seemed that i was the only 1 online at the time, lol. Anyway im back.

So hello all. Ive replied to a post about a woman constantly feeding and i thought that abi was going through a growth spurt but its been going on for 5 weeks now, im knackered and so i started her on solids, only wee bits at a time though. Hv is useless and have been left to get on with things.

mcdiarmid356

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen on Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:32 pm

i think most hvs are the same - the ones i've come across anyway Evil or Very Mad
Helen

Female Number of posts : 1782
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to Bethany who is 3 years old now and weaned herself off the boob at 2. And my little boy Thomas who has just turned 1. I'm loving breastfeeding all over again Smile
Thanks and Reputation points : 10
Registration date : 2007-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by kay on Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:53 pm

Welcome to the Forum Dawn!

hopefully we can be of some support to you :aww:

We've been a bit quiet over the summer months, but now the horrid weathers settling in you'll find more of us online!

kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by donna4 on Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:32 pm

👋 dawn welcome back to the forum!
donna4

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha on Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:56 pm

Welcome back! I agree with Kay, we have our busy times and quiet times.

I have a question though, how many times a day/night is she feeding and is she teething at the moment?

Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by Drusilla on Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:45 pm

Welcome Dawn!

Please have a read of this

I bet this sounds like your lo! Sorry that you've had such duff advice.

Drusilla

Female Number of posts : 244
Tell us about yourself : People who have kids by more than 3 different men are SLAGS. They don't give a shit about the welfare of their children, otherwise they would be keeping their bloody legs shut and creating a STABLE environment for their kids, either in a stable relationship or as a single mother - because single mothers are perfectly capable of being fantastic parents. If you want to sleep around use some fucking contraception until you are sure your partner is in it for the long haul, it is not fucking difficult. Kids need stability - they don't need a succession of men coming in and out of their life.
Your mood today : Content
Thanks and Reputation points : 8
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by mcdiarmid356 on Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:42 pm

Natasha, she is feeding ok ish during the day, sometime 3 hourly and other times every hour or so. It seems that she feeds more when we are out and about. Many a times ive pulled in at the side of the road to feed her Laughing

During the night she can be up anything from twice to 5-6 times a night. I think she is teething as she is badly drooling and the past few day have had rosy cheeks.

mcdiarmid356

Back to top Go down

Post by mcdiarmid356 on Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:47 pm

Drusilla wrote:Welcome Dawn!

Please have a read of this

I bet this sounds like your lo! Sorry that you've had such duff advice.

Smile Ive sat laughing at this as this is abi!!!! During the night, perfect feeding, during the day she comes off and stares at me to get my attention, then smiles and giggles then has a suck, (so cute mind) and practically breaks her neck to see ds hovering near. Sometime not easy to go into a dark quiet room to feed her when i have a nearly 4 year old in tow

mcdiarmid356

Back to top Go down

Post by Drusilla on Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:27 am

Yes the los are fascinated by breastfeeding - my niece (5.5yo) loves to watch me feed Tiny Terror, and when I was visiting my dad in Spain last week, my aunt brought over my cousin's ds (5yo) who couldn't resist peering around for a look!

Drusilla

Female Number of posts : 244
Tell us about yourself : People who have kids by more than 3 different men are SLAGS. They don't give a shit about the welfare of their children, otherwise they would be keeping their bloody legs shut and creating a STABLE environment for their kids, either in a stable relationship or as a single mother - because single mothers are perfectly capable of being fantastic parents. If you want to sleep around use some fucking contraception until you are sure your partner is in it for the long haul, it is not fucking difficult. Kids need stability - they don't need a succession of men coming in and out of their life.
Your mood today : Content
Thanks and Reputation points : 8
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by angpixi on Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:47 pm

welcome back dawn! glad to have you with us! :aww:
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top