Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

are all peer breastfeeding courses the same?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default are all peer breastfeeding courses the same?

Post by Helen on Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:03 am

I have my name down for a peer breastfeeding course that is due to start in january but i still dont no if i am definately on it (i spoke to the breastfeeding counsellor the other day who has passed my details over to the organisor and i'm waiting for them to get back to me.

Anyway, the course is with the NHS PCT
http://www.kirklees.nhs.uk/your-health/self-care-programme/breastfeeding-support/
And i'm just wandering are all the courses the same level of recognition or are some better than others? Does this one sound good to you? I didnt no whether to apply for the NCT course instead. scratch
Helen

Female Number of posts : 1782
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to Bethany who is 3 years old now and weaned herself off the boob at 2. And my little boy Thomas who has just turned 1. I'm loving breastfeeding all over again Smile
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 10
Registration date : 2007-11-12

Back to top Go down

default Re: are all peer breastfeeding courses the same?

Post by gem1981 on Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:03 am

I dont know Helen. I'm doing the peer supporter course in January too. I'm hoping it'll help me with the NCT one. The NCT is a diploma which will take about 2+ years. Its up to you really, I just figured it might stop me going mad over the next 2 years and will give me something to think about other than what to cook for tea. lol! I suppose it depends what you want to do with it. I wanted to do the NCT one because the woman who teaches it is the woman who came to see me when Daisy was about 4 days old, and she changed things for me and I think I owe it to her that we carried on. All because she told me a different position to feed in! I think there are lots of different courses you can go for. I think Katie has more info on them xxx

gem1981

Female Number of posts : 1459
Your mood today : Content
Thanks and Reputation points : 1
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen on Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:31 am

oh so the NCT isnt just a peer supporter course - is it a breastfeeding counsellor course?
Helen

Female Number of posts : 1782
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to Bethany who is 3 years old now and weaned herself off the boob at 2. And my little boy Thomas who has just turned 1. I'm loving breastfeeding all over again Smile
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 10
Registration date : 2007-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by gem1981 on Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:34 pm

yes it's a counsellor course xxx

gem1981

Female Number of posts : 1459
Your mood today : Content
Thanks and Reputation points : 1
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top