Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Is there any other way to help baby to sleep...?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Is there any other way to help baby to sleep...?

Post by Squiglet on Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:29 pm

Almost every single breast feeder I have ever come across, boobies their baby to sleep. But thats just my experience....

Does every breast feeder, booby their LO's to sleep...? are there any other ways to help them sleep without the boob?... When do they stop needing the boob for sleep?

Not that it bothers me, having to booby lil miss to bed, its quite sweet that only mummies milk soothes her, but I think DH would like to put lil miss to bed sometimes, and when I am working, she won't nap without a full blown screaming strop.... I was just wondering if anyone had any tips or pointers... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Squiglet

Female Number of posts : 901
Tell us about yourself : I'm me...ask me a question...
Your mood today : Confussed
Thanks and Reputation points : 32
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

default Re: Is there any other way to help baby to sleep...?

Post by Natasha on Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:36 pm

Oli had boob for sleep until abotu the age of one, this is when she started to wean herself and was in her own room.

They do it on their own, and it was never a problem for her.

I'm sure they do it when they are ready Very Happy

Breastfed Lottie for nearly two years and Livi for 13 months.
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

http://breastbuddies.nice-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Drusilla on Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:00 pm

For ages, only I could put Shark Boy to bed, but the past week or so, DH has being do so.
I feed him downstairs, kiss him good night and DH takes him upstairs and rocks him to sleep.

Drusilla

Female Number of posts : 244
Tell us about yourself : People who have kids by more than 3 different men are SLAGS. They don't give a shit about the welfare of their children, otherwise they would be keeping their bloody legs shut and creating a STABLE environment for their kids, either in a stable relationship or as a single mother - because single mothers are perfectly capable of being fantastic parents. If you want to sleep around use some fucking contraception until you are sure your partner is in it for the long haul, it is not fucking difficult. Kids need stability - they don't need a succession of men coming in and out of their life.
Your mood today : Content
Thanks and Reputation points : 8
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkypie on Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:00 pm

My little un has me before or after all of her meals and then before bed she has both boobs. I then take her up to bed kiss her goodnight, put her in her cot (awake) and walk out of the room. She goes to sleep fine. She's been doing this since around 7 months - as soon as she fell asleep on boob i took her to her cot. Sometimes she woke, sometimes she didn't.
When she did wake i'd feed her again and put er back down etc.
pinkypie

Female Number of posts : 34
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post by sinfulskin on Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:00 pm

From what I been reading they will do it themselves eventually as said above Smile ..mind you other comments you might receive are ..

Your making a rod for your own back
Your gonna let her rule the roost
You better nip that one in the bud

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
sinfulskin

Female Number of posts : 26
Tell us about yourself : About you:Full time nursing mummy
Your mood today : Naughty
Registration date : 2008-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahW on Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:42 am

I've had the very same comments concerning co sleeping too. They are obviously just ignorant.
SarahW

Female Number of posts : 585
Tell us about yourself : About you:Mummy to 5.(3 Boys and 2 Girls) and step mum to 3 Girls.Youngest baby born 20th April 2009.
Registration date : 2008-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkypie on Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:32 pm

I agree with the above comments, people always have something to say about it. Baby will do it when ready though, which some people don't seem to understand.
pinkypie

Female Number of posts : 34
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Your mood today : Happy
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Drusilla on Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:01 pm

Actually the whole feeding to sleep issue isn't necessarily exclusive to bf babies, I have a friend who bottle feeds her ds, and she was dispairing of the fact he would only fall asleep on the night time while drinking his bedtime bottle!

However she didn't get much sympathy from me as he at least sleeps through the night, since he was about 9 weeks old. :iconredface:

But being a good friend, I did lend her my no cry sleep solution book, not sure if has been any good to her. She was contemplating trying controlled crying, but then I suggested she try the NCSS first. Smile

Drusilla

Tell us about yourself : People who have kids by more than 3 different men are SLAGS. They don't give a shit about the welfare of their children, otherwise they would be keeping their bloody legs shut and creating a STABLE environment for their kids, either in a stable relationship or as a single mother - because single mothers are perfectly capable of being fantastic parents. If you want to sleep around use some fucking contraception until you are sure your partner is in it for the long haul, it is not fucking difficult. Kids need stability - they don't need a succession of men coming in and out of their life.

Back to top Go down

Post by Squiglet on Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:31 am

Drusilla wrote:Actually the whole feeding to sleep issue isn't necessarily exclusive to bf babies, I have a friend who bottle feeds her ds, and she was dispairing of the fact he would only fall asleep on the night time while drinking his bedtime bottle!

However she didn't get much sympathy from me as he at least sleeps through the night, since he was about 9 weeks old. :iconredface:

But being a good friend, I did lend her my no cry sleep solution book, not sure if has been any good to her. She was contemplating trying controlled crying, but then I suggested she try the NCSS first. Smile

What does NCSS involve?
Squiglet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pink Rose on Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:07 pm

My oldest DD suddenly started to drift off by herself to sleep at bedtimes when she was about 1 1/2. And my 2 year old DD still need my boobies to go to sleep! :blyby1:

I find giving warm milk at bedtime helps and having a bedtime story and keeping a low smoothing tone of voice with the lights down low. But these take time to work but you will get there eventually. Does hubby try these? It's got to be the same every single night till the child feels secure enough to literally doze off!
Pink Rose

Female Number of posts : 155
Tell us about yourself : A pregnant 33 yr old married stay-at-home mum with 2 girls ages 2 & 4. I have exclusively breastfed both of them for the 1st 6 mths. And, I BF my oldest till she was nearly 2 and I am still curranly BFG my youngest. I have never bought any formula or bottles!
Your mood today : Brooding
Registration date : 2008-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha on Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:07 pm

NCSS = No Cry Sleep Solutions

Heres a you tubey on it

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=LGQ_JR0Knx4

Seems to work for some parents Very Happy

Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)

Back to top Go down

Post by Drusilla on Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:19 am

It involves gentle ways of helping your child to sleep, creating good sleep associations and breaking the link between boob/bottle/dummy and sleep.
I can take a couple of weeks to work, but it worked for us. Much nicer than CC IMHO.

Drusilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Pink Rose on Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:57 am

Perhaps I ought to try it! It's seems that I am a bit stuck myself and very late with it! :wave:
Pink Rose

Female Number of posts : 155
Tell us about yourself : A pregnant 33 yr old married stay-at-home mum with 2 girls ages 2 & 4. I have exclusively breastfed both of them for the 1st 6 mths. And, I BF my oldest till she was nearly 2 and I am still curranly BFG my youngest. I have never bought any formula or bottles!
Your mood today : Brooding
Registration date : 2008-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Squiglet on Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:48 pm

Natasha wrote:NCSS = No Cry Sleep Solutions

Heres a you tubey on it

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=LGQ_JR0Knx4

Seems to work for some parents Very Happy

Is there anyway I can do it without buying the book Razz
Squiglet

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha on Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:37 pm

Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top