Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

contracepion-implanon???

View previous topic View next topic Go down

topic 5 contracepion-implanon???

Post by donna4 on Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:28 pm

Hi i know i proberly shouldnt be on here as i only breatfeed for a few weeks, but i carnt seem to delete you all of favourates on my computer :iconsad: and i do have a sneaky look every now and then to see what people up to.
Sorry anyway i really need some advice ive just had the contraception injection which lasts 3mths but really want the implanon which is iserted in the top of your arm and protects you for 3yrs but i dont know anyone whos had it, any advice welcome please
donna4

Female Number of posts : 921
Tell us about yourself : Hi im Donna i have 5 children jamie 10, kiera 6, emilie 5, blake 4, and zachary 15 months, they mean the world to me :O)
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 5
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

topic 5 Re: contracepion-implanon???

Post by Helen on Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:36 pm

Dont be daft hun of course you are welcome on here! As for contraception i havent got a clue hun sorry! I took the pill 10 years ago for 2 months and i bled everyday and the doctor wouldnt change it for me Evil or Very Mad so we've only ever used condoms. I'm sure one of the other girls will have some experience.

How are you and the kids? :aww:
Helen

Female Number of posts : 1782
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to Bethany who is 3 years old now and weaned herself off the boob at 2. And my little boy Thomas who has just turned 1. I'm loving breastfeeding all over again Smile
Thanks and Reputation points : 10
Registration date : 2007-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen on Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:40 pm

just found your past post:

donna4 wrote:my lo is 8weeks i bf for the first 2weeks then my midwife told me to give up and give him formula as i had mastitus, sore and bleeding nipples stupidly i did it! 5 weeks later after taking two lots of tablets from the dr's to dry my milk up i was still slightly leeking! so decided to try again, my lo latches on and sucks for about 1/2 minutes but then gets very figity kicks about and crys he still is having his formula (6oz each feed) as theres still not enough milk for a full feed. I put him to my breast after every feed every 3hr's and combine hand and pump expressing in between. i so dont want to give up again Sad Any advice please

hun you did everything you could hun so you should be very proud of yourself. its the bad advice many health professionals give on :boob: that let you down hun. dont feel as tho your not welcome on here you always will be! :aww:
Helen

Female Number of posts : 1782
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to Bethany who is 3 years old now and weaned herself off the boob at 2. And my little boy Thomas who has just turned 1. I'm loving breastfeeding all over again Smile
Thanks and Reputation points : 10
Registration date : 2007-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by donna4 on Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:44 pm

its nice to feel wanted lol, iv convinced my df to try again for our last lo when blake goes to school at 4 so im gonna give :boob: another go and NOT listen to hv etc and go with what i feels write least i will have so much more support nxt time Very Happy
donna4

Tell us about yourself : Hi im Donna i have 5 children jamie 10, kiera 6, emilie 5, blake 4, and zachary 15 months, they mean the world to me :O)

Back to top Go down

Post by angpixi on Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:56 am

hi nice to hear from you again! i think you did a great job trying and youre always welcome on here!
as for the implant i know quite a few girls who have had it and had no problems. i think how it works is a slow release of hormone so it isnt as harsh on your system! oh and it can be taken out whenever you want if you decide to try again!
thats not to say it will be ok for you - youre best asking a dr who knows your background!
one friend who has it, cannot use the pill so has the progesterone only implant, shes had no side effect except no AF!
i was with another friend when she had it inserted and when she had it removed! its a fairly simple procedure didnt hurt her much and doesnt take long! hth :aww:
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by donna4 on Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:10 am

:wave:thankyou.
i did have a word with doctor and iv got no health problems or anything so i definitly might go for it and see how it goes then.
donna4

Back to top Go down

Post by donna4 on Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:11 am

👋
donna4

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 on Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:13 am

I have it. HAs no influence on breastfeeding. I have my doubts recenlty but for 1 and a half I was very happy implanted lady Wink
Kasia80

Female Number of posts : 4575
Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"
Thanks and Reputation points : 20
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum