Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Pink Rose's 2 birth stories

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Pink Rose's 2 birth stories

Post by Pink Rose on Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:18 am

After reading everybody else's birth stories, which I very much enjoyed.

I like to share you mine, I thought I might as well share them with you.

My first daughter was 'breech', my hospital attempted to turn the baby round using External Cephalic Version but it failed and the experience for me was so so painful and I gave them 4 attempts! I had nasty bruises all over my tummy and was sore for 2 weeks. In the end, I was strictly advised to have a planned c-section.

So I had a planned c-section at 39 wks, my daughter was born weighing 6 pounds and 13 ozs. The c-section didn't go well, I lost a lot of blood so I was given plasma blood transfusion. I BF my daughter straight after I was stitched up and put into the recovery room. I was warned that I might have to go back into theatre again if my cut didn't stop bleeding, but thankfully it did! Phew! I heard that if you have to go back into theatre, they stop the bleeding by taking your womb away!! I don't know wheather this is strictly true or not.
When I and my 1st born got home, I really struggled with the BFG b/c my family and in-laws weren't offering me any support and believed that the bottle was the answer to everything. It was my HV that saw me through this hard time and my daughter was a little slow to gain back her birth weight then suddenly in my daughter's 3rd wk. She put on over a pound in weight! Yes! I made it, that was the turning point for me and then I had my hubby's full support. I was also diagnosed with womb infection at my 6 wk check, which I was given antibiotics for.

With my 2nd daughter, I had a natural birth after caesarean. I went into labour at 38 wks during the night then the contractions seemed to have stopped and started again in the afternoon. I was afternoon napping between contractions and when my hubby phoned the MW she said that I can't be in proper labour if I can sleep! So I left it, then my waters broke phoned the MW again, who called the ambulance for me. When I arrived at the hospital I was found to be 9 1/2 cm dilated! So pretty much straight away I had to start 'pushing' very very painful didn't have any pain relief, b/c I was afraid of having a c-section again! As I've heard that pain relief increases the risk of having a c-section and I didn't want start down that road. I was put a baby monitor as a precaution, b/c of the risk of previous c-section scar might tear and put myself and the baby in danger. I pushed and screamed and finally my 2nd daughter was born, she weighed 7 pounds and 1/2 ozs. I was found to have suffered a deep 3rd degree tear, so after I had BF my daughter. I was whisked into theatre again where they gave me an spinal and spent a hour stitching me up. I had no trouble BFG my 2nd daughter this time round. Which was great!

It took me a 9 mths to have sex again and a year to have sex comfortably again and I have been warned that I might have to have bowel surgery in the future.

I am pregnant again and I tell you one thing! I still prefer to have the tear again rather then the c-section!! And, plus I am looking forward to the birth!! MW says I can still have a natural birth with a 3rd degree tear, so that's OK. :crazy:
Pink Rose

Female Number of posts : 155
Tell us about yourself : A pregnant 33 yr old married stay-at-home mum with 2 girls ages 2 & 4. I have exclusively breastfed both of them for the 1st 6 mths. And, I BF my oldest till she was nearly 2 and I am still curranly BFG my youngest. I have never bought any formula or bottles!
Your mood today : Brooding
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2008-09-12

Back to top Go down

default Re: Pink Rose's 2 birth stories

Post by kay on Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:34 pm

Thankyou for sharing with us!! :aww:

I am a big fan of natural labour, and can totally understand what you mean!

A couple of ladies on here have had similar problems, and awaiting reconstructive surgery etc.

Good look with the pregnancy - please keep us updated Very Happy

kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 on Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:09 pm

bliss Thank you for sharing! :aww:
Kasia80

Female Number of posts : 4575
Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 20
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by piesmummy2006 on Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:16 pm

cheers thanks for sharing! xx
piesmummy2006

Female Number of posts : 2089
Tell us about yourself : i would say i am a yummy mummy to Niamh nearly 2 (who i am still breast feeding), and a childrens student nurse!!!!!
Your mood today : Naughty
Registration date : 2007-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by gem1981 on Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:14 pm

Great story! Thanks for sharing.
I also had a VBAC, have they said if you have to be monitered through labour next time? I had to be monitored so couldn't leave the bed (apart from when they came to stock check the beds in the middle of labour, and they moved me off the bed! Grrr!) so wondered if I'd have to be monitored through it again next time?

gem1981

Female Number of posts : 1459
Your mood today : Content
Thanks and Reputation points : 1
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by angpixi on Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:53 pm

:aww: thanks for sharing i love reading bith stories! looking forward to the next one!!
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Pink Rose on Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:51 am

gem1981 wrote:Great story! Thanks for sharing.
I also had a VBAC, have they said if you have to be monitered through labour next time? I had to be monitored so couldn't leave the bed (apart from when they came to stock check the beds in the middle of labour, and they moved me off the bed! Grrr!) so wondered if I'd have to be monitored through it again next time?

Yes, they said that I have to be monitored again next time and I still have to see have the consultant at the hospital b/c of my previous c-section. It's really annoying isn't it?
I partly personally believe that's was why I tore so bad, b/c I was stuck on the bed stuck in one birthing position all the time. I was glad I spent most of my last labour at home!

Anyway, I am you all enjoyed my birth stories!
Pink Rose

Female Number of posts : 155
Tell us about yourself : A pregnant 33 yr old married stay-at-home mum with 2 girls ages 2 & 4. I have exclusively breastfed both of them for the 1st 6 mths. And, I BF my oldest till she was nearly 2 and I am still curranly BFG my youngest. I have never bought any formula or bottles!
Your mood today : Brooding
Registration date : 2008-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top