Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Thrush

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Thrush

Post by clairelana on Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:30 pm

Were still trying to get rid of this thrush. Although feeding seems to be much better and Kaydi is much more settled. The Dr prescribed nystatin for Kaydi's mouth and Kamillosan for my nipples. The thing id the kamillosan doesn't say on the box that its to treat thrush. Has anyone else heard that it does?

What are the crystals called you can get from the health shops? I might order some of those from the internet to see if they help with Kaydi.

AAAAGGGGGHHHH to thrush.
clairelana

Female Number of posts : 618
Tell us about yourself : About you: I'm 27 married for 2 years and have two littles angels. Lana 2 years and Kaydi 7 months.
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

default Re: Thrush

Post by angpixi on Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:50 pm

not had much experience of thrush but theres a couple of threads on here that might have your answers :aww: :aww:
angpixi

Female Number of posts : 2109
Tell us about yourself : About you: Im a mum of 5 amazing kids who im very proud of! ive bf and co-slept all of them! im still co- sleeping with the 2 youngest, my oldest is neary 19. Here to help Smile
Your mood today : Funny
Thanks and Reputation points : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 on Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:22 pm

Kasia80

Female Number of posts : 4575
Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"
Thanks and Reputation points : 20
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha on Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:39 pm

So the doc hasn't given you anything for the thrush or am I missing something? scratch Razz

You should get treated too, Kamilosan is for sore nips

Breastfed Lottie for nearly two years and Livi for 13 months.
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

http://breastbuddies.nice-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by clairelana on Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:08 pm

Kasia thanx for that i will give it a try. The Dr has given us nystatin to be given orally. Which on reading that article has sugar in and the yeast thrives on sugar. He has given me kamillosan to put on my nipples but they are not sore at all.
I'm getting really annoyed with this now. Why can't they sort it out. I think Kaydi has had this from 2 weeks. Thats when i first asked the MW/HV about her tongue being white. At that time she said it was milk.
I think i'm proberly better to try different things myself as the nystatin is not working at all and thats all the dr will give us. Sad
clairelana

Female Number of posts : 618
Tell us about yourself : About you: I'm 27 married for 2 years and have two littles angels. Lana 2 years and Kaydi 7 months.
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 on Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:47 pm

Most times thrush ora or on nipples "goes" away by itself, but treated it happens much faster and mother/ baby has less pain and disscomfort. Oral thrush can get v bad and also becasue baby swallows infected slvia could spread to nappy are- please keep eye on any "suspicoius2 rash.
Nystatin is not bad actually, but musn't be used on nipples- before you get this idea ;)will make you sore and as you say: sugar and yeast go well together.
It is good you are not sore and have no symptoms; thrush in breast means sore, red/ pink nipples, shiny skin with residude on it, flaky skin and itching also shooting sudden pains within breast tissue- so you know what to keep eye on.
You could also up a bit acidophilus for yourself, as in yogurts and probiotic drinks to help your body arm for possible yeast infection.
GSE is great, from BB-Kay used it and someone else, but I can't remember now lol. Ebay sells it too. Link I've included was just an example.
:aww: I have no answer for HV/ GP.
Kasia80

Female Number of posts : 4575
Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"
Thanks and Reputation points : 20
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top