Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Ring sling reviews and advice hun

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Ring sling reviews and advice hun

Post by JaneJayandBaby on Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:00 pm

I have noticed a few of you use, or have used in the past a ring sling. I am still sooo unconfident about feeding in public. In fact when friends come over to the house or relatives I am STILL taking him upstairs and feeding him in the bedroom out of view... same if I'm at someone elses house, I will ask if I can use a seperate room where no one can see.

A few of you have said you feed your little ones while out and about when they are in their ring sling.

I am debating seriously whether to buy one... but don't want to spend over £10 if its something I will hardly use.

So... I'm hoping you lovely girls can help Smile

Therefore I have a few questions about it...

1. How easy is it to get baby into it and securely fasten it?
2. How do they actually fasten?
3. When feeding baby while in the sling, how do you go about getting boob out, and if your baby has problems latching on the first or second time, can they still be fed without anything being exposed?
4. How often do you use your ring sling if you have one?
5. Does anyone have or willing to take pictures of you feeding your little one in the ring sling to give me peace of mind before buying one?

Sorry for all the questions... love the look of them, but already have to standard upright front carriers, so dont really want to buy another unless can def feed Jaiden in it in public with NOTHING being exposed lol x
JaneJayandBaby

Female Number of posts : 30
Tell us about yourself : 24, married, mum to jaiden joshua.
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2008-07-27

http://www.glamourglitz.co.uk

Back to top Go down

default Re: Ring sling reviews and advice hun

Post by kay on Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:19 pm

1. How easy is it to get baby into it and securely fasten it?

I put it on over my shoulder, and adjust it so i can just slide bubs in and 1 quick tighten once in - fastened nice and snug! Its far far easier than any custom made papooses (Tomy etc)

2. How do they actually fasten?

2 rings with the fabric threaded through - if you can imagine the childrens loop belts you get? same principle.

3. When feeding baby while in the sling, how do you go about getting boob out, and if your baby has problems latching on the first or second time, can they still be fed without anything being exposed?

As its a wide expanse of fabric, I pull top up to just above nipple - bubs haed and sling prevent anyone seeing. You just loosen sling a little to adjust baby until you are comfy and baby is latched on well, and then tighten up and hands free and discreet!
sometimes its easier to find a seat to get him positioned right - especially now hes bigger!

4. How often do you use your ring sling if you have one?

Whenever im out and about and he needs a feed. (generally daily, sometimes several times a day - depends where we are.

5. Does anyone have or willing to take pictures of you feeding your little one in the ring sling to give me peace of mind before buying one?

HTH!

kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 5435
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to 4 beautiful boys!
Your mood today : Cheeky
Thanks and Reputation points : 41
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by kay on Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:21 pm

You can actually pull fabric further round babies head than in these pics if you prefer - but you can see there is nothing on show with it even like this!

kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by kay on Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:26 pm

found another pic!
Excuse pjs and bed hair Embarassed

kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneJayandBaby on Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:33 pm

how likely are they too "come loose" ?? id be so scaredof going hands free for just incase!! x
JaneJayandBaby

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneJayandBaby on Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:37 pm

btw can i just say i have no idea why ive written "hun" in the title of this thread, lol. thats what i get for msn'ing at the same time Surprised

if anyone fancies a good bf'ing chat on msn my addy is jane_and_bump@hotmail.com feel free to add me x
JaneJayandBaby

Back to top Go down

Post by kay on Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:08 pm

The good thing with the ring sling is that it hugs baby in different areas, so you can adjust the bum bit, back, head, sides etc individually at different areas of the ring. So if by some chance one bit come loose, he is secure everywhere else (this has NEVER happened to me though).

I will add you to msn too xx

kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 on Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:24 pm

1. How easy is it to get baby into it and securely fasten it? v easy: now we use hip carry- I put Maya over my shoulder and slip her into sling, make sure bum is well supported and pull on a tail; then readjust shoulder if needed; there is lots and lots of instrucions in Babywearing section, even some videos.
2. How do they actually fasten? As Kay said: tow rings; you can see demo of threading here: http://www.kristinascottage.com/Instructions/SlingInstructions/Threadinginstructions/Threadinginstructions.html
3. When feeding baby while in the sling, how do you go about getting boob out, and if your baby has problems latching on the first or second time, can they still be fed without anything being exposed? As Kay described; now we do hip carry, so I lift top up or pull down and presto!
4. How often do you use your ring sling if you have one? Before Maya hit 25lb we used it every day; now when I need to get out and about and its to awkward to take buggy with us; best exapmle is: we went to visit Kay few weeks back, and I had to use bus and 3 trains; took Maya in John by the hand and had second left to pull my bag.
5. Does anyone have or willing to take pictures of you feeding your little one in the ring sling to give me peace of mind before buying one? Will do tomorrow, if you want to see 19 m old doing it cheers
Kasia80

Female Number of posts : 4575
Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"
Thanks and Reputation points : 20
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 on Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:25 pm

and told you, Kay is sling feeding queen! I wish I would knew about RS earlier, I've discovered them when Maya was 5 months :O
Kasia80

Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"

Back to top Go down

Post by mcdiarmid356 on Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:08 pm

hi, ive just bought a carrier similar to ring sling. got it on kiddicare website for £14.99

mcdiarmid356

Number of posts : 29
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Registration date : 2008-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by mcdiarmid356 on Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:13 pm

Heres the link for the sling

http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplayA_0_10751_-1__66319_10001_?cm_sp=product_lister_page-_-endeca_promotions-_-banner_product#delivery_tab

mcdiarmid356

Number of posts : 29
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Registration date : 2008-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by kay on Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:16 pm

Thats nice - thats what im trying to make next!

kay
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 on Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:56 pm

mcdiarmid356 wrote:Heres the link for the sling

[url=http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplayA_0_10751_-1__66319_10001_?cm_sp=product_lister_page-_-endeca_promotions-_-banner_product#delivery_tab
http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplayA_0_10751_-1__66319_10001_?cm_sp=product_lister_page-_-endeca_promotions-_-banner_product#delivery_tab[/quote[/url]]

this is a pouch, not ring sling. Pouch has no adjustment- love them too, but pouch needs to be perfect fit to work well.
Kasia80

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top