Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Am I nuts?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Am I nuts?

Post by Squiglet on Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:14 pm

I had to stop bfing my eldest when she was 8 months old because she got meningitis and was in hospital for a long time... Afterwards she was lactose intolerant and had to have lactose free milk as even bm would make her sick. I didn't want to give up...I really really didn't because I loved it so much, but circumstances meant that I couldn't carry on...

Now my youngest is here...I get very emotional when I feed her because I know that one day I will have to give up and I never want to...yet the idea of bfing a 12 year old is a tad creepy to say the least :blyby1: :pml: But the day will come and I don't wanna :tear: I might just keep popping out babies just to bf'd...

I think a lot of this has come about because I have to go back to work now... and also she has had some solids introduced (baby rice and boob milk and some simple fruit and veg) She's a big lass... 95th centile since birth...but I wanted to keep her 100% bf'd until she was 6 months... she had other ideas Suspect and seems to disagree with formula...

I suppose its reminded me of my eldest coming off the breast....so I'm feeling nostalgic.... Im I nuts? bounce
Squiglet

Female Number of posts : 901
Tell us about yourself : I'm me...ask me a question...
Your mood today : Confussed
Thanks and Reputation points : 32
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

default Re: Am I nuts?

Post by Kasia80 on Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:18 pm

nope. I'm crying just thinking Maya one day will wean off. I keep freaking out when she is not asking for boob for couple of hours and sometimes...i pick her up at night, even if she is sleeping and we breastfeed, just because I know one day it all will be just memory.
:aww: My plan is exactly like yours: I'll have more babies so I can do it all again! :aww:
Kasia80

Female Number of posts : 4575
Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 20
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen on Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:52 pm

Hun it makes me upset too when i think about not :boob: anymore! I too will be having more babies when the day comes lol
Helen

Female Number of posts : 1782
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to Bethany who is 3 years old now and weaned herself off the boob at 2. And my little boy Thomas who has just turned 1. I'm loving breastfeeding all over again Smile
Thanks and Reputation points : 10
Registration date : 2007-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by just Rachel on Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:49 pm

I am going to BF till Andrew wants to stop, Who knows I may introduce hubby to breastmilk. The thought of not bf makes me sad.
just Rachel

Female Number of posts : 1165
Tell us about yourself : About you: I love life and laugh at everything.
Your mood today : Naughty
Thanks and Reputation points : 4
Registration date : 2007-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen on Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:04 pm

just Rachel wrote: Who knows I may introduce hubby to breastmilk

:lmao: My hubby doesnt like milk so guess i'll have to bf the dog! Ouch!
Helen

Female Number of posts : 1782
Tell us about yourself : Mummy to Bethany who is 3 years old now and weaned herself off the boob at 2. And my little boy Thomas who has just turned 1. I'm loving breastfeeding all over again Smile
Thanks and Reputation points : 10
Registration date : 2007-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by piesmummy2006 on Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:32 pm

:lmao:
piesmummy2006

Female Number of posts : 2089
Tell us about yourself : i would say i am a yummy mummy to Niamh nearly 2 (who i am still breast feeding), and a childrens student nurse!!!!!
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2007-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by just Rachel on Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:41 pm

I aint got a dog. hmmm can you bf goldfish ?
just Rachel

Female Number of posts : 1165
Tell us about yourself : About you: I love life and laugh at everything.
Thanks and Reputation points : 4
Registration date : 2007-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha on Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:50 pm

Bad cop wrote:nope. I'm crying just thinking Maya one day will wean off. I keep freaking out when she is not asking for boob for couple of hours and sometimes...i pick her up at night, even if she is sleeping and we breastfeed, just because I know one day it all will be just memory.
:aww: My plan is exactly like yours: I'll have more babies so I can do it all again! :aww:

I felt like Katie does, and was gutted when Oli weaned at 13months, and I so can't wait to do it all again!!

bliss

I felt abit funny about feeding at the age of 1 and to be honest, it stil felt just as special and close :bf2:

Breastfed Lottie for nearly two years and Livi for 13 months.
Natasha
Breast Buddies
Breast Buddies

Female Number of posts : 6312
Tell us about yourself : Breastfed Olivia for 13 months and planning to breastfeed Lottie for longer ;-)
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-05

http://breastbuddies.nice-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahW on Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:35 pm

I feel really emotional reading this post, I'm crying reading all about how bf makes you all feel, cos i do too. and then got tears of laughter streaming down my face thinking about how funny it would look bf a goldfish. :lmao:
SarahW

Female Number of posts : 585
Tell us about yourself : About you:Mummy to 5.(3 Boys and 2 Girls) and step mum to 3 Girls.Youngest baby born 20th April 2009.
Your mood today : Tired
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2008-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Squiglet on Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:28 pm

SarahW wrote:I feel really emotional reading this post, I'm crying reading all about how bf makes you all feel, cos i do too. and then got tears of laughter streaming down my face thinking about how funny it would look bf a goldfish. :lmao:
:pml: :pml: :pml: i wonder if my cats would like it... :pml:
Squiglet

Female Number of posts : 901
Tell us about yourself : I'm me...ask me a question...
Your mood today : Confussed
Thanks and Reputation points : 32
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top