Breast Buddies Natural Parenting And Breastfeeding Support Forum. Attachment Parenting
Welcome to Breast Buddies. Friendly breastfeeding forum to help mothers and mothers to be.
Login or sign up today!

Breastfeeding tip : Recognising a growth spurt

* You feel as though you haven't got enough
* Baby getting upset at the breast (though can be a sign of other common problems)
* Baby is breastfeeding often or almost nonstop (feel like baby is always wanting to feed)
* A baby who was previously sleeping through the night is now waking to breast feed several times
* Baby will latch and unlatch, fussing in between

Please join today for support and advice.

To get rid of the ads please join free today! Smile

Any babies help themselves at night?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Any babies help themselves at night?

Post by rhi'smummy on Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:51 am

Rhianna is still teething, (3 big teeth through so far) but at the moment it means that she's waking in the middle of the night and wants to comfort suck for up to 2 hours. Its not every night, but its obvious something is bothering her so I wont say no.
But I've heard mums say they are able to stay asleep as thier LO's just latch on and suck as they need to. Does anyone do this, how do you get comfortable and still let them have access?
I think it would realy work if I can suss it out, at the moment I usualy sit up to feed her, she has a bit, then rolls into her cot has a little chat with herself and then rolls back for a bit more milk. Its not ME she needs, just to nurse. When she was tiny I used to curl myself around her, but now she's too long for that I need my legs to be straight, but then I roll over onto my boobs so she cant get to them.
Anyone got any suggestions? :please?:
Mary
rhi'smummy

Female Number of posts : 511
Tell us about yourself : Mum to milk monster Rhianna
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 9
Registration date : 2007-08-23

Back to top Go down

default Re: Any babies help themselves at night?

Post by nichola on Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:18 pm

Hi Mary,

I can usually manage to sleep whilst Jack is feeding. We both lie down facing each other and I have my head on a pillow with my shoulder on the bed and my arm curled over above his head. He is not on a pillow.

Does that make sense? It is really hard to describe Laughing

I think I usually wake up when he is latching on and then drift off to sleep again.

It does really help when he is teething and wants to nurse all night.

Hope Rhianna gets her new teeth soon :aww:

Nichola x

nichola
BreastBuddies
BreastBuddies

Number of posts : 169
Tell us about yourself : About you:
Thanks and Reputation points : 0
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasia80 on Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:40 pm

I'm with Nicola.
Most of night's I even have no clue Maya was bf- only OH mentions it in the morning Very Happy
Kasia80

Female Number of posts : 4575
Tell us about yourself : \"If breastfeeding in public makes people uneasy because the breasts are considered sexual, then bottle-feeding must be the equivalent of whipping out a dildo\"
Your mood today : Happy
Thanks and Reputation points : 20
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top